chapter one

on a stormy night in 1979, a young death eater of barely 18 brought his niece to the only man he thought could manage to raise her in a safe environment. he would do it himself, but knowing she'd be surrounded by death eaters and their bigotry, he knew this was best for her. he simply left her on the doorstep, with a note that read, 

    "I know you won't be happy about this, and you will be scared. This girl has no one else as i will soon be dead. raise her the best you can, for my brother. Her name is Nixon. - R.A.B"

    he placed the baby as gently as possible on the front step, along with the note, and with a crack disapparated into thin air. 

         the next morning, remus lupin checked out the window for any incoming owls, only to see something he could not begin to believe. being the caring man he is, took it inside and with thorough observation of the note, he knew exactly who the child was and what he had to do. 

                                                                        *10 years later*

"...and don't go running into trouble." said remus after a lecture that seemed to last a lifetime. "remus, i'll be fine, really." nixon said impatiently. "alright, i love you, if you have any trouble don't hesitate to-" "send an owl, i know." and with that, she was off. 

nixon scattered around for a compartment for ages when a girl already in her robes called, "hey! this compartments empty, would you like to share with me?" nixon thought about it, although she didn't exactly have a choice, stepped into the compartment. 

"i'm celeste. celeste delphine. and you are?" 

"black. nixon black." 

"oh so, you're the daughte-

"daughter of sirius black and lilith delacroix, yes."

even in her earlier years she always was known as just the daughter of two crazy purebloods who went wild with power. it seemed everyone expected her to end up the same, besides remus of course.

nixon put on her robes and slept the whole ride. when she was rudely awoken being shook by celeste, "come on, we're getting off!" nixon jumped up and practically ran out of the compartment. celeste held on to her by her arm. 

"firs' years, firs' years! with me!" a clearly half giant man yelled. 

"let's go!" celeste shrieked. the boat ride was wonderful, but nixon couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she fell in. just as remus had said, professor mcgonagall explained the houses and the sorting, which nixon of course knew enough about. 

as she walked in almost everyone in the room stared as they walked down. "you better get slytherin," celeste said joyfully. when it came down it, that's what she was hoping for. to be a powerful slytherin. she watched as other students got sorted. "delphine, celeste" said mcgonagall. it look about 1 minute and a half before the sorting hat finally decided to put her in slytherin. she gave a hopeful look to nixon before running off the the slytherin table. 

when her time finally came, mcgonagall yelled "black, nixon" and plopped the hat on her head. 

"ah, another black. i would usually just throw you in slytherin but it seems you have less characteristics of one than you think. ravenclaw may do you some good, although you aren't exactly the brainy type. i reckon it better be, GRYFFINDOR!" 

nixon couldn't believe it, she's meant to be a slytherin surely. the hat must be making a mistake. but there was no turning back now. the gryffindor table, although knowing who she was, roared with cheers regardless. maybe this won't be so terrible.