Chapter 1

The ravenette runs into the hospital stopping at the desk.

"I'm here for Irene Reign. She was in the car crash and taken here where is she?" He pressed in a rush.

The desk attendant looked at him questionably.

"She's in the ER room currently sir-"

"Okay thank you" he said before running.

That small bit of information is all he needed and he was off running through the maze of halls.

"No sir! You can't-!" The desk attendant sighed and picked up the phone dialing an extension. "Security" he started.

But the ravenette man ran faster. He's always hated hospitals and how confusing, lonely, and eerie they were. But this was his wife. He needed to see her.

He got to the end of the hall and realized he didn't know where to go from there. So he looked up at the signs.

He started dashing off again. Left, right, through the door, another right. Eventually he saw the ER room and her through the glass of the door. He wasted no time bursting in.

"Irene!"

"Sir you cant be in here!" A nurse looked up and walked to the ravenette.

"That's my wife!"

"Her subconscious state already shows enough stress you yelling will just make it worse sir" the nurse pushed the ravenette back but the ravenette just pushed forward.

These two tall guys, not much taller than the ravenette grabbed his arms and tugged him out. Not as aggressive as they would be if the man was a real threat.

They sat him down and told him hours of the cafeteria. They told him to wait for everything to be fine. They assured him she would wake up soon. They asked his name.

"Zane Reign"

They asked his age

"28"

They asked about his home

"It was fine before she got hurt. Can I see her now?"

They declined.

Eventually they left assured he wouldn't try running into the ER room again.

In the ER room the area around Irene Reign was tense as people were working around her.

She had gotten hit by a car, landed on her head. Her face was bruised really bad and her leg broken in the fall. Her breathing slowed but they were sure she'd make it at least to another room for a few nights.

There was just a small doubt. A small doubt she would contain everything she knew that's not her name and immediate knowledge.

Zane sat in the lobby for the night and took his leather jacket off. He slouched in the seat and put the jacket over him like a blanket. He closed his eyes trying to fall asleep but he could only think about what happened to her.

How could he let her go off alone like that. This was his wife, the woman he wanted to be with forever. He couldn't stand to think of their forever being cut short.

An understatement was saying he was worried.

Eventually he fell asleep. Just to be sucked into a nightmare.