A Dramatic Journey

You glance around the shop restlessly deciding whether you should visit the palace and meet with Julian or stay back and read. Reading was blissful to you and reciting the spells written within made it more challenging. Majority of the time you were successful while other times, not so much. A certain companion slithers up your leg. You pondered for a moment about what Julian could've possibly wanted to speak to you about.

"Oh, Faust," you sigh with boredom. Meeting Julian was a simple request, but with all the work and problems you had, you felt exhausted and only wanted to relax. You peer into the creatures eyes and you see a flash of worry.

"Friend okay?" She asks meekly. You smile weakly and reassure her deciding it would be best to chat with Julian, instead of leaving him there by him self. You placed Faust on a table and begin to pack your things, knowing Julian will offer to buy a drink. You didn't really drink, but oh well. Just as you pick up a notebook you feel a familiar warmth. Suddenly an image of Asra grinning widely in your mind made you blush. How you missed him dearly. He left fourteen days ago and said he would be returning some time soon. You imagined his strong yet gentle arms wrapping around your waist tenderly, before nuzzling his face into the side of your neck. This made you shudder before shaking the foreign thoughts away. You weren't exactly sure how you felt about him, and the fear of being rejected.

"Hmm...Faust should I dress up?" You question. The snake turns to you and nods before slithering away. You pick out a simple outfit, not to revealing, but enough to show your curved figure. A two pieced outfit, a loose white top, with gold emblems and white harem pants. Before leaving you crouch over to Faust and tell her to stay in the shop and slither straight to Rowdy Raven if anything happens. She gives a gracious tail flick and you smile.

On the way to the palace it was crowded as normal. Nevertheless your eyes thought to have seen those well known white curls. That was all you could see and your hopes had risen.

"Could it be?" You mumble, rubbing at your eyes. When you open you eyes you face falls immediately. It had vanished.

The memory of it makes you frown with anguish. That is, until you hear a deafening sound coming from beyond the gates.

"Y/N!" A guard sighs, relief quickly washing over his face. Your eyebrows raise in confusion and he explains what all the ruckus was. The gates open to a singing Julian while he plays the vielle.

"Julian? What in the world," you laugh. He quickly stops and his face beets bright red. You stroll over to him as he looks down at his feet awkwardly. "Aww don't feel shy! I like hearing you sing." You encourage.

A smirk is planted across his face and he straightens himself proudly. "Well I would love to sing for you, but that'll have to be for another time." He beamed.

Julian had changed so much, and you were absolutely happy that he did, for the better. He began to open up to people, he was more selfless and bubbly. Though I do admit when he resolved the situation between him and the others it was awkward. It took time but eventually it was like nothing had ever happened.

"Hello? Y/N?" He questions aloud, fanning a hand in front of your face.

"OH RIGHT!" You say, a little to loud. He bursts into laughter and takes your arm with his. He looks down at you and you already know what he would ask.

"Wanna get a drink?" You say in unison. He winks at you amusingly. The both of you grin stupidly before skipping merrily to the bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Readers POV

"So what would ya' like." The bar tender asks scanning the both of us, then glancing at our locked arms.