Stormtrooper in Stilettos

Two of the Bible's Ten Commandments prohibit lying to your parents.

Number 5: Honor your father and mother. And number 9: You shall not bear false witness.

Brians family has forced him to go to church for most of his life. Now that he's living in London to study, away from them, he's happy not to go anymore.

Despite not being a true Christian by heart Brian still doesn't enjoy keeping secrets from his wonderful mother.

Lying is forbidden, but somewhere else in the sake bible it is implied that homosexuality is also prohibited.

That's where Brian has to make a choice.

"You told her what?"

Freddie laughs in his face. Brian can't see the humor just yet through the filter of his dread for his grim nearing future.

Brian slumps into the armchair opposite of Freddie, gnawing at his bottom lip.

"Now she insists on meeting her. I'm fucked."

Of course that's when the front door slams open and Roger comes shuffling into the tiny apartment with a curious glint in his eyes. "Hm? Who's meeting who?"

The blond rolls his eyes at Brians miserable groan, while he kicks his shoes off and throws his coat over the back of the couch.

Brian and Roger have been roommates for years. Ever since Brian posted on the Universities notice board that he was searching for a flatmate, he and Roger have been inseparable.

Through Roger, Brian met Freddie. Who together own a vintage store. A couple of months after they (adopted) found John and never let him go.

But Ruth, his mother, never actually met any of Brians friends. Afraid she would notice their... Flamboyance?

"Brian told his mother he has a fucking girlfriend. Now Ruth wants to come over and meet the dear girl." Freddie elaborates when Roger greets him with a kiss to his forehead.

He leans against the back of Freddie's armchair and snorts at Brian sitting across from him.

"Why would you say that?"

"I- she has been starting to get suspicious about my lack of... Romantic relationship?" Brians frown deepens. He shifts uncomfortably on the ratty old chair Roger stole from the curb a few months ago. "She has been giving girls from her church my phone number. I asked her to stop, obviously, and she insisted on knowing why." He grimaces at the memory of said phone call, wringing his hands together. Which makes Freddie and Rogers faces sink sympathetically.

The curly haired student can't get himself to look up from his lap as he continues to miserably complain. His voice muffled where his hands cover his face.

"I fucked up. She's going to find out I lied. She'll find out I'm gay and drag me out of University and back to Hampton. I shouldn't have lied, I should have accepted her nagging. If I don't show her my alleged girlfriend she'll know I'm a dirty liar. What imbecile would want to stand in and play my girlfriend?"

"I would."

Brian stops talking. He peeks up at Roger from between his fingers. "Huh?"

Roger gives him a brilliant smile- spreading his arms out. "I'll play your girlfriend."

The room is eerily quiet for the second Brian needs to let Rogers words sink in.

He opens his mouth to reply. Closes it. And opens it again.

"You're a man."

"All I need is a shave and some fake tits." Rogers voice pitches an octave higher with uncontained excitement as he cups his flat chest. "I could be a convincing girl!"