A New Beginning

⠀⠀The bluenette's shoes click clacked on the gravel stone ground. Her Pokemon, Piplup, ran beside her. Holding her bag in one hand, and her books that didn't fit in her bag in the other, Dawn tried desperately to be on time for class. "If the teacher didn't practically kill us with this much weight on our bags, probably nobody would be late" she mumbled furiously under her breath. She was relieved when she turned the corner, for she was almost at her classroom. As the bluenette turned the corner, she smack dabbed right into a male trainer.

⠀⠀"Ouch!" Dawn yelped, as she crashed onto the ground. Her books scattered everywhere, and her bag slid across the floor. Suddenly, the bell rang for the start of class. "Great" the girl mumbled, obviously annoyed. As Dawn looked up to see who she had bumped into, she realized it was Paul, one of the most popular boys at school. Suddenly embarrassed, the bluenette quickly put her legs under her body, and sat up straight. "U-um..." she struggled with her words. The purple-haired trainer glared at her, as if waiting for the "sorry". He stood there, with one hand in his pocket, and the other holding his bag, which was slung over his shoulder.

⠀⠀"U-um. I'm sorry!" Dawn finally sputtered. Getting up quickly, she gathered all her books and her bag. Ducking into her classroom, she returned Piplup back into her PokeBall, and sat on her seat. At the corner of her eye, she saw Paul staring back at her. The teacher snapped at Dawn, causing her to set her attention back to the front of the room.