WELCOME TO FRIAR HOUSE

Friar House Jewellery specialise in fine vintage and antique jewellery and engagement rings, with a collection from the Georgian, Victorian, Edwardian and Art Deco periods. We are a family team who have years of knowledge and experience in dealing in fine antique jewellery. Our journey into the world of antique jewellery began in December 2004 we opened our retail shop, Friar House, situated in the small historic town of Battle.

What is my Birth Stone? Birth stones correspond to the month you were born. They can be traced back to the Bible. In Exodus 28, Moses sets forth directions for making special garments for Aaron, brother of Moses and the High Priest of the Hebrews. Specifically, the breastplate was to contain twelve precious gemstones, each representing the twelve tribes of Israel. Aaron's ceremonial breastplate is said to be the origin of birthstones. How did these breastplate gems turn into the birthstones we all know today? Stepping forward to the 1st and 5th century AD scholars, Flavius Josephus and St. Jerome, are credited with associating the 12 breastplate gems with the 12 signs of the zodiac. Some believe that these stones have...

Check the settings regularly for wear and damage – this will allow you to spot any signs of wear to the claws and settings that may compromise the stone, and cause it to fall out. A jeweller will be happy to check the settings for you in your jewellery with a magnifying loupe. It is important to treat antique jewellery gently and even though the pieces are intended to be worn, many items were not designed with active modern lifestyles in mind. Photograph your jewellery and keep the receipts – this will help you with any potential insurance claim should the worst happen and you lose an item. Receipts provide proof of purchase, and generally, a description of the item...

Contact UsOr call us on 01424 77772129 High StreetBattleEast SussexTN33 0EAhttps://friarhouse

Contact UsOr call us on 01424 77772129 High StreetBattleEast SussexTN33 0EAhttps://friarhouse.com