Cross Country Runaways

Prolouge: How It Started

"Himelright!" I yelled to the other Haley. Sometimes we called her Himelright(her last name) so we didn't get confused. My name is Haylie too. "Haley! I'm sad!"

"Aw what's the matter?"

"We'll I'm half sad half happy. I'm sad because I found out my old friend Wyatt lives really far away! All the way in Minnesota!!"

"Wow that's far!"

"I'm happy because now I know he's not dead!" A small giggle escaped Haley Himelright.

"We'll I guess I'm sorry and happy for you then?"

"Maybe so."

"What if we ran away? To Minnesota? Just for fun. and you could see Wyatt. That'd be super fun!"

"That would be fun. Too bad we live in California. We're way too far. We'd get in trouble." I crossed my arms and started to think. We could pull it off. With the right skills and planning, we could do it!

"What are you thinking about Haylie?" Himelright nudged my shoulder.

"Now that I think about it we might actually be able to do it. Sounds crazy but how do you think the invention of the microwave sounded at first?"

And that's how it started. We gathered a small group of people(by small I mean big) to save up with us and crafted a plan. Yes we were skeptic at first but the farther we got into the plan the more we trusted it. Yes, yes it was crafty.