It's In The Mirror

Before we get into it, a little disclaimer, in case the intro wasn't read.

So, this story is very much true and happens to me and my three other Male friends when we decided that summer was getting boring so it was a good idea to explore around our tiny village.

So, if you've read my other story called "My Love Story" the characters in that story are the same as this story, same setting and location, so it's a side story I guess, lol.

We have Ari as Me, my crush Dean, and friends Drew and Matt.

It's summer of '08.

Now that's clear, let's rock and roll.

👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻

Summer, it was more than hot.
People were going around shirt less, wet shirts on and short and not everyone was a good vision but the small village was surviving the heat, praying that rain would bless them every now and again, but it was rare.

August, the almost month or the limbo month as some would call it, the period people was just living through the heat or waiting for fun to come and that's what the situation Ari and her friends were in.

Sitting in the park, ice cream in hand trying to cool from the crazy heat of that random Thursday.

"It's just soooooo hoot" Ari's voice was raspy from the heat and cold contrast m, swinging to get some fresh air, but it wasn't working at all.
"Gawd, I can't" Drew was lifting and dropping his grey shirt, trying to gather air under it.

Dean is walking up and down the said park sweaty and extremely cute looking, with his hair a little dump and his forehead as well. He was the sight Ari wanted to see shirtless, not the 60yrs old sitting at the bar talking about sports and politics, shouting ag one another every now and again breaking the silence of the day.

It wasn't only hot, but they were all bored out of their minds, summer camp was fun but over, no trips had been organised by no one at all so this day was looking quite event-less for them.

" where's the shade?" Matt was shirtless, sporting a nice tan, while playing with his cards under the tree, but it was still a lot.

"Where you at, Matt. That's the only shade" Drew sounded raspy and exasperated. They needed something to do that would have them refreshed as well.

"We could..." Drew's voice was low, like he wasn't sure it was a good idea to say whatever he wanted to out loud, but Ari heard him anyway.

"Drew? We could what" her scratchy voice was not loud but audible to everyone there so Drew now had everyone's attention to him, so no choice but to sat what he started.

" go to the river" Ari frowned already disagreeing at the suggestion, she didn't know how to swim - she was scared of water - going to the river was not a good idea but Dean and Matt came to answer first.

"Naah, I dont even my costume and Ari is with us, she can't swim remember?"

"Right, if the current gets strong she will just be swished away or worst. I'm not for it" Matt looked at Drew for a second before returning to his card game, Dean had now sat next to Ari on the swings with a London drawn sigh.

"I know, I do remember l. What I meant was that we can go in the woodland and explore, right?" The group was silence contemplating the idea but that didn't sound good either, the bugs and crazy leaves and trees, and the deeper you ventured in the land the. More intricate and jungle like it got which equaled dangerous.

" not a goo-"
"Let me finish first, ok?" Drew's tone was a little different, it had a hint of excitement and worry, was going to be really a good idea?