The Nurse

John Merrick, wearing that hood and smelling bad was beyond scared, with that man dragging him to London Hospital again

John Merrick, wearing that hood and smelling bad was beyond scared, with that man dragging him to London Hospital again. For the first time, it had been for the Doctor's benefit.

John Merrick didn't want to go back, especially because he didn't trust that stylish, blue-eyed man with a goatee.

Alright. John had to admit. Now he was helping him. Merrick had been badly beaten, starved, abused... Bytes was his personal devil.

If only he could thank the doctor. But John was too scared.

When they arrived, he took him somewhere with crates. John imagined it was for privacy and was thankful.

The first thing he did was take off his dirty shirt and be comfortable.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

"Can I have a bowl of oatmeal, please?" Treves solicited the Matron Nurse.

"Yes, sir. Breakfasting with the patients this morning, Mr. Treves?"

He got nervous and confused at her intrusion.

"Yes. No, it's for a patient."

She was all smiles.

"There you are, sir!"

"Thank you. Morning."

'Oh, that doctor!' she flushed, thinking 'He was so sweet and polite! Too bad he was already married...'

And so was she, to a loser.

Treves was not there anymore. The Director was approaching. An elderly, tall, respectable man.

And what a bad timing for Frederick. He tried to hide the porridge plate behind his back, but well, it didn't work.

"Oh Treves, just come here for a moment, will you?" called Carr Gomm, the Director. "What's that?" he referred to the plate. Now it was useless to hide it and Treves had to have all the nerve he could muster and showed it.

"Good Heavens! You haven't acquired a sudden taste for this, have you?"

With a face like a wall, pretending he believed what he said, Treves faced the music:

"Yes, sir. It's quite nutritious."

"Possibly." Carr Gomm sneered. "Not quite the diet for a grown man."

Then, both noticed a nurse passing by. Different than them, she was just a rose bud, with black hair and doe eyes, skin so white it was almost translucent.

"Nurse!" shouted The Director, scaring her "When you have a moment... take this up to the patient in the Isolation Ward, will you?"

"Yes, sir." the nurse said in a small voice.

She got despaired, with those doe eyes staring at Treves and begging for help.

Treves tried to reassure.