One - Life Or Death

Copyright © 2014 Empowered.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

ONE

She walked down the hotel steps with butterflies already erupting in her stomach. She didn't know what to expect, but as of recently she couldn't bring herself to care. As she stepped out, she found him leaning against the wall looking sharp in his maroon tuxedo. All air in her lungs failed to keep her breathing as she stared in awe. She could never get tired of watching him.

Just as she straightened out her red floor length ball gown, Damon turned towards her at first with a look of shock but then quickly plastering a huge grin onto his face. She couldn't fathom why of all the people in the world, it had been her that somehow got tangled up with this man in her life. She felt a blush creep up to her cheeks as she shyly looked away from Damon's alluring gaze. He just knew how to crawl right under her skin. As he began to slowly walk towards her, she relished in the feeling of another set of fireworks explode in the depths of her stomach. She could practically feel herself melting under his gaze.

"Ally, you... look absolutely ravishing," he whispered, breathlessly.

"You seem to clean up pretty well yours-," she began to say, before he quickly grasped her shoulders and pressed her against the brick wall of the hotel. A gasp escaped Ally's lips at the sudden movement.

His left arm rested on the wall beside her head, while his right hand just over her waist. Just as Ally opened my mouth to protest, he shushed her, signaling her to look over his shoulder.

"Police -they're looking for us," he said urgently, as he looked back to observe the two cops walking down the path. They seemed to be patrolling the streets and were now walking in their direction. She briefly remembered seeing herself and Damon's faces on the front pages of the cities most elite newspaper, with captions International Criminals: Most Wanted. He didn't need to repeat himself, she knew how quickly everything would collapse if the cops caught either of them.

Ally placed her hands onto Damon's waist, trying to shift him over to see if the cops had left. Instead of moving off to the side, Damon pressed his body flush against Ally's, stilling her from moving. She could feel his face centimeters from hers and his breathe mingle in the chilly air along with hers. He looked back behind him.

"What's going on?" she asked, curious and momentarily forgetting about their predicament.

"They seem to be chatting with the ice cream parlour person," he muttered under his breathe. He then turned back to face Ally, almost bumping noses. Ally tried moving back to allow for more space between them, but quickly realized that there was no means of getting out. She was literally stuck in his arms.

He gazed down at her as she looked into his eyes, perplexed. She could feel her heart beating a thousand miles per minute and the butterflies in her stomach wouldn't put out. She couldn't tell what was going on, but something in the air changed. The air was much more static -the only sounds Ally could decipher were each others breathing and the sound of her own heart going thump thump thump. Damon stilled as his right hand moved to the small of her back and pulled her closer to him, if that was even possible.

However, while Ally had dreamt of this moment for longer than she realized, she was still beyond nervous. While her heart was yearning for one thing, her mind literally had a mind of its own.