A New Life

I look up at the sky, grey since the clouds rolled in and it was about to rain. I looked down at the blade I was holding, the bag full of my clothes, and the only picture I had left of my family. I started to cry, it had only been three weeks since my family was murdered leaving me alone. I closed my eyes remembering that horrible night for the last time.

It was Friday night, at 8:55 pm. My sister, Madison, who was four years older than me, sat next to me on the couch our dog Cody on her lap. It was my birthday, I was finally 13. We were about to watch our favorite show, Ghost Adventures, when there was a frantic knock on the back door. Cody leap off of Madison’s lap and followed our dad to the door. That’s when it happened. Madison and I heard two gunshots, a thud, and our dog yelp. Our mother ran out of her room to see what happened. A man came into the living room, a sliver gun in his hand. I looked behind him and saw our dad and Cody in a puddle of blood, dead. My eyes widened at the sight. I looked at the man, I didn’t recognize him. He then said, “I meant what I said back then. If I can’t have you, no one can!” With that he shot our mother instantly killing her. Madison grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house. We ran down the street, Madison behind me. I heard another shot and looked back, I saw Madison on the ground. I ran by her side, she grabbed my hand and said, “Sammy run.”

“I’m not leaving you!”

“Sammy go.” She said and closed her eyes. I was crying now, I could tell she was dead. I looked up and saw the dick that just killed my family walking down the street looking for us. I looked down at Madison’s body and said, “I love you Maddy.” I then sat her body down and hid in the over grown bushes nearby. I saw the man look at Madison’s body then looked around for me, I heard him mutter “Shit” and walk back to my house. I heard one more shot and ran back to my house, I walked in and saw him dead on the floor. “I guess he killed himself,” I thought.  I then realized that if I stayed I would be put in an orphanage. I ran to my room, making tracks since I stepped in my mother’s blood with my slippers. I took them off and slipped on my boots, I grabbed a bunch of clothes and stuffed them in a bag. I then went to my parents safe and took the emergency money we had. I said one final goodbye, then I ran.

I opened my eyes, I noticed it was pouring and I was able to do it now. I wanted to join my family, I wanted to be with them. I also couldn’t live anymore, the hotel I was staying at was more expensive than I thought and took the rest of my money. I found an open field, there were houses nearby but I doubt anyone could see me. I closed my eyes and held my breath, and I finally did it. I must have done it harder and deeper than I wanted to because I screamed, loud. The blood was just pouring out of my arm. I quickly felt faint. I collapsed, my vision was blurry I could barely see. My eyes started to close, but before I passed out I heard a woman scream and yell “John!”

When I opened my eyes I was being carried back to a house. I looked up and I saw a man with light brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He looked down at me and said “We’re taking you to the hospital, don’t worry.”

“No! Don’t take me to the hospital! Please!”

“You lost a lot of blood you have to-“

“Please!” I said.

We were inside the house now, he brought me into what I guessed was the living room and set me on the couch. He looked at me and said “The cut isn’t deep. You should be fine if I wrap it up. Shiloh come and keep pressure on her cut!” Then a girl who looked 18 years old came in. she had wavy black, shoulder length hair, and had tattoos on her arms and one in the middle of her chest. She came over to the couch and put both her hands on my cut.

“I’ll be right back.” Said the man, as he left the room.

“Kay hurry.” Said, Shiloh.

I looked at the girl and said “Who are you?”

She smiled and said “I’m Shiloh.”

“Who’s that guy?”

“That’s my boyfriend John.”

“How did you find me?”

“I heard you scream. When I saw you on the ground and your arm bleeding I called John.” Just then John came in holding bandages and a bunch of other stuff. As he was dressing my cut I said “You shouldn’t have saved me.”

“Why?” John said looking at me.

“I wanted to die.”

“Is there a reason why?” asked Shiloh

“You heard about the family that was killed three weeks ago?”

“Well I’m the missing daughter.”

They both looked at me shocked.

“I am Samantha Rose.”