Friend Request

One late night, I was scrolling my facebook timeline when I saw my aunt's post about the death of my cousin.

 I immediately told my father about what I saw on my timeline and without second thoughts, we decided to pack our things and travel in the province where my cousin lives. 

While on our way, we talked about the sudden death of my cousin and we learned that she died due to severe depression. She can't handle the pressure she's getting in her academic life, people expected that she's always good, always on top, and always the winner. Last last night, they found her hanging on their ceiling, with messy hair, eyes wide open, pale skin, colorless lips, and tears that are evident in her cheeks.

 I'm not close with her but I really feel sorry for her. She died alone in that cold place without having someone on her side whom she can share her problems with. Who can love her without expecting something from her. I hope I met her sooner. 

We went in their house and when we arrived there I immediately checked my phone signal, hoping that I can get an update about the happenings on our school, while I'm absent. But I'm shocked when my phone suddenly ting-ed, a friend request popped up, I checked her profile and I saw that we have the same surname.

 "Anak, bakit mo tinitignan ang profile ni Candy?"

 "Kilala niyo po siya?"

 "Halika sa loob ng makilala mo."

 I entered and I checked her face, I saw that the girl in the coffin sent the friend request. With a trembling hand, I dropped my phone and I felt a strong wind causing the candles to lose their lights.

 I was flabbergasted when I saw my phone lit up and someone named Candy Samaniego messaged me with a content, 

"Help me!".