A Lonely Winter

Winter. It comes once a year. It means a lot of different things for a lot of different people. It could range from cheery joy to depression for some.

The coldest season. The coldest time. But for lovers such as us, winter is the warmest time.

It generate a warmth between us two lovers like no other. A warmth hotter than summer.

A warmth that caused my cheeks to blush more red than a blooming cherry blossom during spring.

A warmth that can fade just as a leaf withering in fall.

Yet it's a warmth that blissfully comes and goes like the seasons.

It doesn't just disappear however. It simply prolongs it's next visit. For another never ending cycle.

And all that you're left with.. is those fond memories. Those memories of the lingering warmth you'd lost so long ago.

And just like that feeling, love too, comes and goes as it pleases.

It's futile to go up against that wave of fate. As fate is inevitable. However, it's only human nature to try so to break this cycle of ours.

Love. We fall down. Only to spring up. And after many life trials it all sums up. To regret. A harsh winter.. without you, my Summer.

What I wouldn't give to turn time back. But atlas, time will wait for no one. For it too, like fate, is a unstoppable force.

You fall out of a spiral of denial. One then starts to wonder. What happened? Do I have any regrets?

Only to later feel a burning sensation as you feel your once gone passion comes back one last time.

And so, you once more spring up from your hole of self pity and doubt.

You contently live life. Enjoying it for what it is. You finally reach your high point in life. Only to be hit once again by fate. Then you feel the coldness once more.

The cycle is repeated once again. Just like the seasons.

End——————————————————————