chapter 1

This is we're it all began. When I was younger around 2 to 3 years old I woke up crying i had just had a nightmare about a man standing In my room he was just standing there staring I can't remember much but I know he was dressed all in black and his stare felt like it could burn right through you. That night after I woke up I sat up in my bed staring at my door it was the man from my dreams. But I wasn't dreaming this was real life. I started screaming suddenly seeing my door swing open it was my parents my mum rushed up to me pulling me onto her lap my dad asking me what was wrong. I remember telling them the black man just saying it over and over again in tears I looked over at my closet and saw the black man waving slowly disappearing then I heard a whisper in my ear "I'll be back" then laughing as soon as my dad asked me what I was starring at I couldn't here the laughing anymore then i told him once more it was the black man and he was coming for me. he just laughed kissed me on the head and walked out along with my mum and closed the door behind me the only light being the full moon outside shinning through the gap in the curtains I heard my parents laughing outside my door oviously not believing me. Until this past week I thought it was in my head and Mabey it was just a dream. Also I guess I do remember alot about that night and the black man I mean who wouldn't forget if there was a shadow guy standing in there room talking to you. The black man wasn't lying when he said he would back because that wasn't the only time that I saw him a week later I saw the black man standing at the end of my bed singing harsh versions of lulabye s rocking his arms as if he was holding a baby he did this every night I kept mentioning the black man to my parents after about 6 months my parents gave in they called a priest the priest set up cameras in my room while I slept the next day he came back and checked them nothing showed up on the cameras so he blessed the house and said that's all he could do and I probably would get over it soon that was true until now sometimes I would see black  figures as I walked around corners In my house or when I looked in the mirror but I was use to it when I turned 13 it completely stopped but now his back and I know why oh there's one thing I forgot his real name is TOM I know this because one night I was laying in bed and heard this "my name is not the black man it is TOM".