A death of a merciful ruler

I'am running,running to stop the man who took my mom away from me and left me with a queendom to feed.But I'm to late they have already stormed the Castle and now I have to lead scared and unmotivated men, to try to save this Kingdom .He's not getting my kingdom he's taken my mother he's not getting my kingdom. I repeat this to myself. I turned to the men: remember this day my faithful Army for it will be the day that a new Reign a new queen and a great Kingdom will be formed. Our Queen Is Dead but I am still here, so do not lose heart for I will lead you, for I will be responsible for your needs, for I will love you and cherish you because you are part of this Kingdom, and if you wish to leave so be it. But now you did not defend,protect and honor your Queen by fighting this day. Which is a great dishonor from now on I am no longer a princess I'm a queen bow to Queen Joy Rosemary Leviticus. That was my speech that day but inside I was just as scared as those men. Because looking forward my people are starving and I was never cut out for the type of leadership it takes to forge peace in the face of unforgivable evil. These people came through Villages and without a care in the world started burning down these people's homes that's why my people have no food. They burn down the storages stole the food and left my people there to die and I couldn't stop it. That's why I'm a terrible leader that's why my people hate me. They have a banquet celebrating my victory against that horrid man every year. But they're still starving and that's why I have to make a peace treaty. Really more like a ransom see this King is going to be trapped in my castle until he can repair what he did to my people and then you will die for his sins. Author's note: personally Evil monologuing is fun and is my character feels like in some way she's not an actual human being please tell me I tend to do that sometimes and my Punctuation is probably all wrong but this is a beginning of a beautiful story don't you think I get the capture a king and kill him after oh and also if you have any more ideas they could benefit the story cuz I tend to see shiny things that could be a possibility for my character even if it doesn't fit for the plot and just do it so help me.