The Monster inside me

Chapter One- The Chase

                It was night here in East L.A. California. Always warm for shorts and a tank top. It was really one of the good reasons why my mother decided- up out of the blue- to move here from Manchester Vermont. It was still nice despite that I don’t have any friends unless you want fake ones and let’s just say I don’t play nice with others that I don’t know that long.

                Ah friends

                I do miss them terribly and it was a shame I had to leave them to move here but what can I do really.

                I was dragged here-literally- kicking and screaming all the way here. Well my sister Desire did most of the kicking and the screaming for me. My sister Desire and I both grew up in the same dysfunctional family with all the fighting- hell more or less I thought it was a war zone. No actually it’s still a war zone with one less casualty- my sister. She was the one who got away from this hell hole and finally done something for herself- only I wish she would have took me with her- Damn it!!!

                It’s like I can never escape this hell hole I’m in. I miss my sister to death. She ran away just after we moved here and there is no signs of her ever returning for me. It’s like I’m forgotten and I’m so lonely. I can’t stand it anymore. It was only because of our crazy mother started a fight with Desire or she would be here. My mother pushed her over the edge so hard that it almost became physical.

                The events from that night still seeped into every fiber of my being like a toxic poison full of corruption and pain. The last night I saw my sister come at me full force and I couldn’t help myself but to let it all in. The emotions that stabbed me- fear, shock, sadness- became all too familiar now.

                “But why?” Desire asked, sobbing like she was right in front of me.

                “Because I said so and that’s final” My mother voice clawed at my memory as though to draw blood.

                “Why can’t you ever tell us why we can’t have a voice in this house?” Desire shouted i a shriek.

                “Because I said so you little bitch” My mother shouted over Desire.

                Desire stumbled back like she got smacked in the face by my mother’s tone.

                “Well…..” Desire said sadly and then announced like a whisper, “I’m leaving”

                Those last words hurt and I felt my own face fall at the news.

                “To hell you are leaving my house” My mother managed.

                “Watched me” She whispered with a devilish look.

                Desire went to turn away but our mother grabbed her arm in such a rough manner that i thought Desire would smack our mother- oh I was so hoping that she would.

                “Get off me you bitch” Desire said, yanking her arm out of our mother’s hand.

                She ran out of the house, slamming the door behind her. Suddenly I snapped out of my daze and started running out of the house after her.

                “Desire wait! Don’t go please!” I shouted.

                “But I have to” she whispered in a wine.