the phone call

The team was watching Tv when Kaldur's phone rings. Kaldur looked at his phone and smiled lightly.

"I need to take this." Kaldur said as he quickly got up and went to the kitchen.

"I wonder who it is?" Robin asked out loud.

"Beats me." Wally answered.

"Kaldur has been really different lately." Conner said.

"How so?" Megan asked.

"He just seems alittle, I don't know distrcted." Conner explained.

"Want to find out." Robin teased as he pulled out his laptop.

Before anyone could answer, Robin hacked into the cameras to see Kaldur in the kitchen. He had a light smile on his face. Everybody moved to see what was happening.

"Hello my love. I miss you too. I am fine my love, will you stop worrying of me. I know that. Are you alone? What do you see? Is it like I imagined. I wish was with you. I will be with you one day. Have you been well?" Kaldur asked as his facial expression change with each question and a dreamy look in his eyes.

"Who is he talking to?" Artemis asked.

"I don't know." Robin answered.

Kaldur laughed quietly.

"Well I hope you do not get into too much trouble." Kaldur said still lightly laughing. "Yes love. If both Batman and Neptune are kind to me, I should be home tonight. I know. Will I able to  see you tonight. Very well. I have to go now. Yes I really have to go. I will try." Kaldur said laughing again.

"I've never heard Kaldur laugh this much before." Artemis said.

"I am sure I should be able  make it to dinner. More or less. Oh really. I would like that. Do not forget to get the good bottle. Ok. I love you. Bye love." Kaldur said hanging up.

kaldur had a dreamy look in his eyes. He put the phone in his pocket and sighed sweetly. He was about to leave when his phone went off again. He looked at his phone and had a chesire grin on his face. He placed it back in his pocket and walked out. The team tried to act normal.

"Who was on the phone?" Robin asked.   

"Just a friend." Kaldur answered as he acted like nothing happened.

"Really?" Artemis asked again, trying not to sound surpised. 

"Yes." Kaldur insisted as he wtched the movie.

The team decided to let it go for now. When the movie was over and Kaldur left for the night for his aprarment, the team had a small little meeting.

"Who was on the phone with Kaldur." Wally asked

"Maybe it was really just a friend." Megan rationalized. 

"Me and Rob are friends and and I don't  call him 'my love'." Wally explained. 

"Do we even know anything on Kaldur's personal life?" Conner asked. 

"Well no." Robin said.

"Kaldur's straight right?" Aretmis asked.

"Again we don't know." Robin said again.

"Let's make a bet. Whoever can figure if he's straight or not or who he is dating wins." Wally said excitedly. 

 "Alright. 10 bucks says that he's gay." Wally said while placing 10 dollars in an old empty pickle jar. 

"10 bucks says he straight." Artemis said while giving up 10 dollars. 

"5 bucks says he's bi." Robin said as he placed his money in the jar.

"Don't look at me." Conner said.

"Is it a bad thing if he is?" Megan asked. 

"No. But it's fun to bet on." Robin said. 

"Ok. Well, I guess if it's ok then I'll go with Artemis and 5 dollars." Megan said putting her money in the jar.

"Alright, we'll all have till Friday." Wally said.