#. 1

I need to let this out. This isn't fiction or some product of my imagination, it's my life.

Mother had been married for three years before having me, here in Africa if you are a woman, married to a wealthy man and can give birth to children of different genders immediately after marriage and further into the marriage then you are accomplished not only that, it is a must to know how to cook. Can you imagine,now, the critisms mom received?.

Then finally, the girl is born, blessings and congratulatory remarks are showered on the new mom and her crying baby, the long period of shame is over.

Parenting is harder than expected for the family, it doesn't matter, for mommy its an amazing experience so in a span of 12 months the girl's brother is born. Best of friends they become because she is just a year and 2 months older than him.

The girl is now 17 and beautiful, she can't go anyhere without being praised by at least 5 strangers. She smiles back to some and ignores others too. She's hurt but they cant see. "Its all your fault!"they say, "Why!"they ask. Not considering how she feels about the whole situation.

(Hi people, this is my first writing. If I get 50 views and comments for this I will continue. All suggestions are welcome as well as critics. And comment if you can relate to any of these instances.)