Prologue

A cold wind blew across shimmering rocky peaks, stirring up nothing. A beautiful feline stood outlined against the grey stones. Her blue and gold eyes scanned the land that sat miles below her. The land she had guarded for 1000 years. A mist blew in with the breeze and the feline fluffed up her purple pelt against the water. The town below her buzzed with life, despite the light rain falling from the sky. She looked at the clouds that hung low in the sky. The huge grey puffs laughed as they promised more rain. The feline closed her eyes and her tail fluffed up. Sparks began to fly from her pelt and her eyes glowed. The clouds almost immediately dissipated and the rain slowed to a stop. The cool winter wind continued to blow across the land. The sparks stopped flying and the feline returned to her normal form. She felt a kick in her belly and knew that soon, 2 cats that were just like her would be born. Born with the responsibility to help guard the town below. The town that was small but strong. She continued to watch the town, seeing every detail with her amazing eyesight. The wind kicked up, this time stronger than before. The feline ducked down and pinned her ears against her head. This wind however, carried more than just cold. It carried something more. Darkness. The wind was foreboding. Something was coming. Another feline raced to her side. His red pelt was ruffled from the cold and his eyes were squinted. He wrapped his red wings over his mate's back and pulled her close. With his hawklike eyesight, he studied the town as they braced themselves from the rushing wind. He tried to yowl and calm the storm winds, but his loud meow was drowned out as the wind turned to a roar. The trees around the town below began to shake and bend in the strong wind. Branches broke and fell into the tiny town. Both felines spread their beautiful wings and flew up, using the cover of the rocks to hide. The down was going crazy, as humans ran all over the place, looking for cover. Their huge creatures that they used for getting around reared up and released horrible noises. The pelts covering the homes and other places began to blow away. The wind buffeted them, making it impossible to fly any farther. They landed and ran to the edge of the tallest peak of the mountains. They raised their heads and in unison, trumpeted a loud call over the roaring wind. Their eyes turned to a solid color and began to glow. Their wings vanished as bolts of lightning flew from them and sparks crackled around them. Their tails rose and fluffed while long strands of fur blew around their heads. The wind began to slow before stopping. The air went silent, but it was much better than the cacophonous storm. The cats dropped onto the wet stones as their powers calmed. They shared a glance. Things were going to get worse for the townspeople, and harder for them. This was only the beginning.......