happy bithday y/n!

you sit there, barbecue sauce on ur titties. it's 12pm and u just woke up. you sit up abd balance ur red galses over your green eyes. the orbs stare back at you with unfathomed certainty. the spectacles complement ur orbs but your mother always says u sjould get contacts. you said no, their for stupid girls who care about there apearance to much. you only ware makeup to get good grades.

you turn to the vanity ur dad left u when he dyed and open up the drawer to revel some makeup. you apply it, knwong that it is doen solly to please the patriarky.

you need atleast an a to pass ur liteeature class with a four point oh gpa. its a good thing you're teacher is a guy named mr. gerald, who likes it when you ware makeup.

"y/n!" calls ur mom in. a sing songs voice. its so annoying. you wonder why she does it.

you slip on a tasteless shirt, slip on ur uggs, and look a bit at ur mirror. you may not like your apearance but damn u look good.

your a bit of a mess, tbh. ever since dad died u haven't really found a point to live anymore. a single tear slides down ur eye, ruining ur mascara. uou wipe it away quickly.

downstairs is covered in ballooons and confetti. then you remember it's ur birthday. ur 18th birthday.

mom always tries to cheer u up and 2day is no exception. she gives you a big hug and sets u down at the breakfast table. on it is one single present. you guys are poor. she then shoves a slice of red velvet birthday cake up ur mouth. you can feel urself chokign but you feel better. .

"thanks mom" you say smilingly.

ur mom chuckles. "any time"

you say "even not on my birthday?"
she laughs loudly. the neighbors look at her thru the window. you don't care.

"why don't you look at ur present y/n?" says ur mom uncertainty.

you look at the wrapper on the gift. its white and red striped. you brush you're golden curls out your face and cairfully open the gift. mom will be using the same wrapper for your b-day gift next year like she did last year.

inside the box is a single cd with five incredibly handsome guys laughing on it.

"what is it" you ask?

"its a cd" says ur mom.

"no but who is it?" you ask again .

"one direction. there an up and cuming band." says. ur mom.

you wait for something more. mom to say hah its a joke and pull out an actual gift. then you realize mom can't afford anything better. so you cover you're tears and say "thank you" and hug her tight.