Broken hearts never heal

She tried to hide the fact that every time she thought of him leaving her heart broke. Tears escaped her. She could never keep them in for long. After a few minutes they would dry up until the next time she realised she would never see him again. Warm tears trickled down her cheeks, wave after wave. She couldn't bear the thought of losing another friend. The pain was greater this time. First it had been her best friend, now it was her first love. A love that was never reciprocated, nonetheless, she endeavoured to maintain the relationship as friends. Now, it seemed, he was putting the country in between them. Had he been able to get further away, she was sure he would have. Anything for a change of scene, a change of company, a change from her overbearing concern. Her heart broke for all the ways she had failed to gain his attention. Three years and he had still not seen her unconditional love for him. She ached inside, her whole body trembling thinking of how much of her soul was invested in him and about to be ripped away. He claimed he was dreading leaving his hobbies and other routines behind, but she wished that what he was dreading most was having to leave her. It would never happen. Despite her strongest desires, he was not the type for romantic gestures. Though she felt sick living in a world without his awkward sense of humour and big brown eyes she believed strongly in supporting his decision. Determined to at least maintain contact she would perhaps be able to start getting over the boy who had for the last time broken her heart.