Class

Marcus sat in the quiet class as the class wrote their bell-work onto their nicely decorated notebooks .
This class was almost completely filled with girls ...but he knew no one could compare to Beatrice. The only girl for him. Yes she was much older ...had grandchildren, and was married but he didn't care , he could only imagine how lucky his husband was . 
"Is everyone finished ?" Spoke mrs Beatrice brown .
"Yes ma'am" spoke the class in unison.
Everyone held their papers high in the air for mrs brown to come and gracefully take from their hands .
She made her way to Marcus.
"Mrs brown , can I ask you something ? " Marcus spoke hesitantly.
"What is it honey?"
His cheeks grew red and he couldn't pull himself to ask the graceful lady which was standing right beside him.
"Uh..never mind I forgot . "
Mrs brown laughed gleefully as she grabbed his paper , her hand lightly grazed his , sending shivers down his spine .
She took her thrown like chair at the front of the class "alright anyone want to share their answers for today ? " she spoke softly .
No one wanted to speak up.
"'Marcus  ? Would you like to share ?"
He quickly changed from his slumped position and fumbled with his deteriorating notebook to find the page with the bell work .
Why did she pick me ? Out of everyone else ?
"What does love mean to you? Love to me means you care for one another as if today were their last day on earth...to spoil until they are rotten..to cherish "
The girls in the class went into a fit of laughter
"You are so funny Marcus, isn't he mrs brown?! " one the brown headed cheerleader across from marcus she always does this .
But mrs brown did not answer , she sat in her chair , speechless. Her cheeks matched her red coat Which was carefully placed on the back of her chair .
"Uh...yes great Marcus .. I-.. okay class.."
she was cut off by her abrupt alarm signaling passing period was on its  way .
"Okay class we have a 5 minute break."

Marcus  watched the teacher and she rummaged through her desk, trying to look put together .
The bell rung and everything sprung up from their chairs .
Marcus usually took this time to chat with his friends out in the hall, but it was hard leaving when Beatrice was just there ..alone .
But , he decided she needed space . 
Slowly he gathered his things , but he felt her gaze on his back .
"Are you okay mrs brown?" He asked in a montotone voice .
"Uh yes .. but I want to ask you somethi-"
At that moment it was time for class once again.