Prologue

Life is shit.

It's like everything's against you yet great things happen to others.

I'm a prime example of this bullshit.

When I was 8 years old, I thought life was great for me. My dad hadn't hit me, punched me or insulted me for two months. He used to say "get off your ass and cut the grass you lazy cunt!' or some crap like that but for some reason he stopped one day.

Only now I realise that this was actually worse for me.

At the end of the two months, my mom revealed she was two weeks pregnant with my sister. He went fucking ballistic. Turned out that, they hadn't fucked once in 5 months. Even worse, they hadn't slept in the same bed for 4 of those months. Or so I thought. Two weeks before, they actually got drunk and had some fun time then but my dad didn't remember it. He instantly thought that she had cheated on him.

They got into an insane argument and my dumbass thought I could stop them arguing. So, I walked into the kitchen and tried to stop them. Long story short, my dad was pissed grabbed a knife and slashed me across the face with it.

It left a scar going from the tip of my right cheekbone to the middle of the left side of my jaw and it stopped right on the jaw-line. Perfect size for a dust mask to cover up.

My mum instantly took me to the hospital. All I remember is a cold tingly feeling across my face and the dull metallic taste of blood.

Over the next few months, my dad was sent to Ohio State Penitentiary. A super-max rehabilitation and correction facility.

We moved to California so that my dad couldn't find us. My mum then gave birth to my sister and asked me what we should name her. I decided on the name Catalyst. Unfortunately, my mum couldn't afford to keep both of us due to some debts so she sent Catalyst to live with Uncle Mike and Aunt Rose in Canada.

I spent a lot of time living elsewhere. I used to visit my Uncle and Aunt in Canada but not often, relatives in England and went on holidays to Australia. That's how I became friends with James. He's still my best mate even now but he's been acting weird around my girlfriend lately.

Anyway, visiting all these countries fucked up my accent quite a lot but it didn't matter because my voice was deeper than average. Even now i'm 19, I get comments about my voice. They usually say things like "you sound like a younger Markiplier" but i've gotten used to it now.

Once I reached 18, I bought myself a nice house as I had a decent paying job. Life was beginning to get better for me until I was informed about my mum passing away. From then on, I started working out so if anyone gave me any problems, I could cave their head in.

About 2 weeks ago, this came in handy. I was walking out of the bar when three 15 year olds decided they were tough and tried to pick a fight with me.

I can't entirely remember what happened but I know that one of them mentioned something which made me remember parts of my past. I knocked one out by slamming their head into a pole, broke one's arm and then practically shattered the other's leg. I quickly hopped in my ATK and got the fuck out of there.

I'm now on the run from the cops for that fight.

I don't even know why i'm writing this in this stupid diary.

If you find this then i've either been caught or i'm dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slammed the diary shut and threw it into my bag on the back seats.

There wasn't much fuel left in the ATK so I decided to just drive until the tank was empty. After awhile, i came across a giant metal burger just sitting there in the middle of the desert. I slammed on the breaks sending a cloud of sand and dust spiralling into the sky. I saw the tongue on the burger and decide that it was the perfect spot to spray paint my kitsune mask.

I played some music as I finished painting and decided to sing along with it.

Play music now

"Far beyond
You come from a distant land
We're not like you
You'd never understand

But I'm in town
For the day again
You tell me how
Your spouse has been
Yeah I'm in town
But my head is not

I'm counting down to blastoff
Down to blastoff
Down to bla..."

I suddenly felt a weird tingling feeling around my chest then there was a flash off light before I was falling towards a cartoony looking island. I heard the music fade away as my ATK rocketed down towards a desert. I looked at my hands and noticed they were cartoony too. Then it hit me.

This is fortnite. How the fuck did this happen. It was that fucking burger wasn't it. Damn, the island is a lot bigger than it is in the game.

I looked down and realised I was about to land right next to a group of people looking at that fucking burger.

The ground approached a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Then i landed.