We Touch Life

Courtney's POV:

"You're kidding me! There is no way this is happening!!!!" I cried with tears streaming down my face.

"You got the job! It's yours! Courtney, your the lead model for ELLE magazine!!! You're going to be modeling for EVERY designer for fashion week!!!" Sara, my best friend & agent, said on the other line.

"This is insane!!! This could be my big break!" I told her.

I've been modeling for years, but it has gotten me nowhere.

****** 

"Just like that!" Josh said, while catching a few more photos.

"Ok," I said giving him my million dollar smile. As I shifted to turn my shoulder towards the camera, my black bra strap fell down my arm. As I started to put it back-

"Hold on! I'll get that for you." Josh said coming towards me. His camera was still taking pictures, even though he walked away from it.

I felt his hand sweep across my back, right where my bra strap hook was. He lifted my chin up and-

*****

"Courtney, are you still there?" Sara's voice woke me up from my flashback.

"Oh yeah. sorry, I'm just so happy!"

"Me too!! Your first photo shoot will be tomorrow at 6 tomorrow. They want to do a sunrise scene. You have to be in hair and makeup by 3."

"AM?! Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed, almost dropping the phone at the times.

"Hey, just think, you'll be on the cover of thousands, possibly millions of people's magazine! Duty calls!"

"You're right. Oh well. I'll pick up some coffee on the way. What do you want?"

"Um, about that..." There was a long pause.

"What about coffee?"

"I won't be meeting you till after the shoot.. They want you only...they only want me till after the shoot."

"WHAT?! But you have to be there!" What the heck?! My big break, and my best friend couldn't even be there.

"Publicity issues. But don't worry, I'm still in the process." *BEEP-BEEP* "oh shoot. I've got to go. I'll talk to you after the shoot. Don't forget me when you're famous!"

"Thanks again! Bye!" The line disconnected.

I turned to look in the mirror. Oh my gosh! I have a photo shoot with ELLE magazine tomorrow!! I turned the stereo up to 17.

*I wanna put my hands on her hands*

I grabbed my hairbrush, " FEEL THE HEAT FROM HER SKIN, GET RECKLESS IN THE STARLIGHT!"

*BEEP BEEP* I checked my phone.

FROM KASSIE: turn the music down, I can hear it from here! Anyways who plays music that loud at 11 o'clock at night?!

Oh shit! It's 11! Ive got to get to bed if I'm going to get up at 2:30!

***** 

*NEXT DAY*

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I couldn't believe that what I was seeing was me. Long beautiful golden brown hair spun down my back, highlighting my golden eyes. Orange and red, the colours of sunset,surrounded my eyes. My lips stood out with the most gorgeous shade of red.

"Are you ready to start the photo shoot?" Damien, the head photographer asked me.

"Of course! I cannot wait!" I stood up, almost stumping on the train of my orange dress. Gosh. I hope no one noticed that.

As Damien & I headed out towards the field we were shooting on, he stopped to introduce us to the rest of his crew. I didn't remember any of their names. Oh well. He was coming toward the end of the line, and I stopped in my place.

*****

"Do you want a drink love?" Josh turned and looked over at me.

"Yes, that'd be nice." I walked over towards him.

He reached above me to grab the liqueur & cranberry juice. He placed the drinks down, and gave me a stare that shake me straight to the core.

"Can you go get a blanket from my room? I'm feeling a bit chilly."

I couldn't shake off the eeriness of this voice.

"Ok."

*30 minutes later*

My mind is so cloudy. I can't keep my eyes open. Josh's body was coming over me, but I just can't stop him....

*****

"Courtney! We need a fierce look, not a scared one!" Damien told me.

The voice shook through my body sending me into survial mode. I swept around and knocked the glass vase next to me down.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, carefully picking up the glass pieces of the vase.

"Don't worry about it, that's what we have cleaning crew!" Damian reassured me, picking me up of the ground. "Let's just get on to the next shoot." He shot me a smile.

*after the photo shoot*

Well. That toke long enough. I glanced over at the clock. 8:32 pm. WHAT?! I rubbed my eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me. I looked again, but the time still rung at 8:32 pm. ERGH. I was supposed to meet Sara at the pub after I toke a nap, but I guess I doze off.

*beep beep*

I picked up the phone, Hmph. Unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Courtney, it's Sara. I'm calling from the pub. Are you still coming??"

"Yeah! Sorry I dozed off for more than I thought I would. I'll be there in a few."

"Alright! Hurry up!"

*after getting ready*

I slipped on my black silhouette pumps to compliment my little black dress with my studded collar. I locked the door, turned the key, and headed towards the curb. I put my hand out to call a taxi.

Finally, one came.

"The pub on 37th street please."

"Ok."

We headed towards the pub, which was only five minutes away.

*10 minutes later.*

I couldn't find Sara anywhere. I called her twice, but no answer.

Beep beep! Sara was finally calling me back!

"Where are you?!" I shouted, barely audible over the music.

"I'm at the pub on 42nd street! Where are you?!"

"I thought you said the pub on 37th?!"

"No!! ERGH! I'll be there in a second!" She shouted. Beeeeeeep. Uh. She hung up on me.

I leaned over the bar trying to find a bartender. Oh. Finally.

"I'd like a dry martini please."

He turned to make it.

*EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ROOM CAN SEE IT, EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOOOU!"

"Ugh. I cannot stand this song."

"Why not?" A mysterious deep voice asked from behind me.

"It's over played. And the message is so stupid. Not knowing I'm beautiful makes me beautiful? Like what the hell?"

"I know exactly what you mean. I'm Nathan by the way." He said, while grabbing my hand, sending chills up my spine.

||THATS IT FOR THIS WEEK. Comment on what you think! This is my first fan fic by the way....||