The Book

I ran up the steps into the library, my most treasured places. I could spend an entire day here. But alas life has other plans in store for me, like responsibilities.

I shook my head, right now is time for relaxation, exactly what I need.

It was a beautiful warm-but not too warm, thankfully-bright sunny Saturday afternoon.

Opening the door I was blasted with the smell of fresh books and the sweet feeling of calmness.

"Welcome back y/n!" Becca one of the workers greeted with a warm gentle smile. She had her dyed magenta hair tied in a bun, her bangs covering her forehead, her glasses framing her round face perfectly, her chocolate eyes shining brightly. I was a regular, and Becca and I had become good friends, we recommend each other books every time I came to the library.

"Hey Becca, how are you?"

"I'm doing good. I have a surprise for you! There's some new books in your favorite section." She beamed and winked.

I gasped excitedly, "Well I'll be sure to check them out!" I beamed back, and quickly made my way over.

Becca followed, curious as to what I would choose.

"I haven't gotten a chance to read any of them yet." Becca complained, she was just as much of a bookworm as I was.

"When did they come in?"

"Literally the day after you were last here."

We both laughed lightly, "That was like a little over a month ago! And you still haven't gotten the new ones?" I joked, causing Becca to playfully punch me.

"I've been busy!"

"Whatever you say."

"Hey Becca, you still have some books you need to take care of." Dylan, Becca's co-worker announced coming over to where we were.

"Aw damn it," Becca muttered, "I'll have to catch back up with you. Bye y/n!"

"Bye Becca!" I waved as she ran off to the back of the store.

"She tell you about the new books?" Dylan asked, his dark brown hair-which could be mistaken for black in low light-was combed back neatly, green eyes looking down at me, he was only a few inches taller than me. A few freckles framed his cheeks.

"She did! I'm so excited!"

Dylan chuckled, "Well take as much time as you need, some of them are on sale so choose wisely." He winked and walked off, I giggled and decided to look at the new books, hoping I'd find something of interest.

I picked up one that had caught my interest. My eyes darting across the cover picture and reading what it was about.

"𝒴/𝓃"

I heard a whisper voice call, even though it was a whisper, whoever it belonged to I could tell it was a male with a deep luring voice. I looked up and looked around confused. I didn't see anybody, I shrugged, put the book back and went to another one, telling myself that it was my mind playing tricks on me.

Although something about it made me want to find the person who's voice it belonged to. But that was just my curiosity, and it was strong, and I had to fight it. I just wanted to find a book, and read it, before I had to go out to dinner with my parents.

"𝒴/𝓃"

The same voice called, this time a little louder, I looked to my left, where a door I never noticed was ajar. The sign on the door read: