The Cabin

In the depths of an Evergreen forest on the outskirts of the world, a cabin stood, small but cozy. A new fire crackled beneath the old mantle, warming the room. Outside the rain and the cold waged war on the cabin, but the walls were solid and the roof was sure.

Inside, a bed and an armchair sat unused, and a table held dirty plates and burnt out candles with two small stools beside. Flowers were strewn, wanton across the floor and a single candy heart lay forgotten between two floorboards.

A lone window gazed out between the two worlds. Rain coated the cold outside, and fire reflected off the inner glass. This reflection gave light to her eyes.

She stared outwards into the storm and watched the droplets break the face of the lake. She watched wind blow the grass and the leaves on the branches, but then her eyes moved and focused on mine as I approached from behind her. As she turned the flames fled from her eyes, but the brightness remained. Lightning flashed making her a silhouette in my eye.

For a second there was no movement, and my heart leapt at her, before my feet knew to move. My eyes took her in and absorbed her every detail. Her face was white and fresh like the first winter snow. Her hair was wild and free and was still falling from her turn. Her lips were tight in anticipation. Her eyes were bright, shining like gold.

She moved and I moved. She touched my hand, and I touched hers. Our eyes met close and swore our love and then our lips touched softly and fit as one.

We kissed and we kissed, and we held each other tight. I felt her breasts part across my chest, and I felt as if my heart were pulling towards hers. The kisses tasted like our first, and my heart felt in love again.

We fell to the ground in our passion and laughed at our fall. We rolled across the floor, lips locked, bodies compressed until we hit a wall. She smiled and touched my cheek. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I replied.

"Tell me something sweet," she whispered running her finger down my chest.

"I just have. I've written you a story."