Beginning Of Violence (Cynthia's POV)

Chapter One

  Cynthia Davis was born in 1938 but sadly she was born dead. Then her heart started 3 mnis after birth. She had only one kidney which led to kidney problems until she was 18 years old. She worked really hard on the farm that her family owned. It was a very small farm that needed a lot of help. Cynthia grew up to be a smart young women. She got a scholarship to Fisk University. She was the 1st in her family to get a scholarship to college.

  "I have never understood why blacks were treated differently than white, " thought Cynthia. All that she think about is how her friends wanted to do sit-ins. A sit-in was when a group of black people would get together and "sit-in" a place where they were not allowed to be. Cynthia thought  "we are just like whites, we tranform oxygen into carbon dioxide,  too."  Cynthia was afraid of how much trouble she would get in if she participated. "I could get arrested or worse killed if I did the sit-ins," she thought "but if I don't I would look like a coward." She told her friend that she would have to think about it. As she grabbed her books and headed to the dorm, her friend, Diana rushed up to her and told that the 1st sit-in would be tomorrow February 13, 1961. "Perfect the day before valentines day" she thought sarcastically as she walked off to her dorm.

  As she walked up to her dorm she was still having an internal conflict about if she wanted to participate in the sit-ins. When she opened her dorm doors she saw people huddled by the table with Diana. They had a map of Nashville. "I guess it's for the sit-ins" she thought. As she sat on her bed she watched at how they acted happy and didn't have a care in the world. Cynthia thought "hey I want tocheck it our" so she walked over there. Diana asked "so you finally decided to join us?" "Well I guess" replied Cynthia. They spent the rest of the night planning where is would be, how will they get there, and how they will escaped if arrested.