Prologue

~ A/N : if any of the location information is confusing to you, I have included maps below explaining locations of destruction and/or country boundaries. Thank you so much for reading!

The year was 2100, and the world was in utter turmoil. The Third World War had been spurred when New York was bombed by the Russian government, destroying the United States Military Academy, as well as the city, downing twenty warships which were there to celebrate Independence day. The bombings killed millions in minutes, as the city had become the largest in the world, inhabiting about 48.3 million people. The Third Great War became the first and only nuclear war in history, and it killed over three billion people, not including those killed by the leukemic epidemic, or the biological war that followed between two of the four remaining countries left, as many countries had combined following the world war. The results left what was then Poland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, France, Belarus, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Denmark, Moldovia, Belgium, Japan, Finland, Iraq, Turkey, Czechia, Slovakia, Serbia, Austria, Hungary, and Ukraine completely destroyed. As well as parts of China, Russia, the United States, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Tanzania, South Africa, Australia, Italy, Mongolia, India, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, North and South Korea, and Indonesia all being partially destroyed. The biological war that followed killed four billion more people, and as the disease mutated and got out of control, it killed two out of every three people infected. By the end of the 2100s, the population had shrunk from 18 billion to 900 million people. 95% of the earth's human population had been destroyed.

Following the epidemic, the earth went into a nuclear winter for over fifty years, killing even more by famine and freezing to death due to lack of electricity. The wars finally ending as nations went into a full states of isolationism, combining for strength and numbers into what would come to be known as the three states. Epilasia, Alicinily, and Halthby. All of North and South America combined into a singular country, Epilasia, what remained of Asia and India combined into the country of Alicinily, and Europe and Africa combined to form Halthby. The three major countries that exist on this earth to this day. Epilasia is run by a constitutional monarchy, Alicinily became a communist dictatorship, and Halthby is a republic. All three countries were set on one thing. Survival.

The population of Earth was up to 8 billion by 2499, and a long period of global peace and prosperity ensued, with innovations in science and breakthroughs in the medical field, curing many diseases and cancers previously considered incurable, and discovering space anew. The time of peace lasted for over 150 years, but in 2650, the peace was broken when video leaked of Alicinily building weapons and bombs. Bombs like nothing anyone had ever seen, incredibly more powerful than even the bombs used in the third world war. When one was tested in a desert of Alicinily, it destroyed hundreds of miles and killed many animals and people. The bomb threw the globe into a tense cold war against Alicinily, a war that remained cold as ice until 2719.