New school

Walking through the front doors of a new school two weeks into the school year isn't fun. Trust me. Especially in a charter school. Mariana Trench hall is one of the most elite schools in the country, advanced curriculums, better programs the whole nine yards.
Here's the fun part. Right from the moment I step into the building I know I don't belong, this school is full of the next great inventors in this world, but me I'm just a basic Jane, nothing special to me in the long run compared to these kids.
Around the halls I see a set up completely different to my old school. The cliques aren't as segregated. There is no difference between populars and nerds, no jocks and drama geeks. Everyone's hanging around together and quite honestly I'm scared of it. If everyone's allowed to be anyone at this school, where will I fit?
These thoughts plague me as I walk to the front office, which is a few feet away from me.
I push the door to the office open. I am immediately noticed by the plump woman sitting behind the administrators desk. I look to the corner and find her name plaque
'Mrs. Riley'

She looked to me and smiled.

"Hello dear, what can I help you with?"

"I'm Quetzali Gonzales, a new student here." I stated softly whilst fiddling with the straps of my messenger bag.

"Ah! I remember, today's your first day! Just let me print out your schedule And then I can call some one down from your section to show you around."

I tilted my head "section?"

"Oh yes dear, the kids here at Marianas trench are classified into the needed classes by their talents and capabilities you will be put into a class with people who have the same interests as you."

I just nodded my head awkwardly and watched her flit around the office. will I get a nice person to show me around? Will they like me? I let my mind wonder on the possibilities of the mystery person. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Mrs. Riley sat in front of me.

"So the student I've sent for will be coming shortly, here is your schedule and the syllabus' for each of your classes since you started a little late in the semester." She handed me the big stack of papers that was in her hands. I went to put them in the bag when I heard the door open.

"Ya' called for me mrs.riley?" I looked over and did a double take, standing in the door way was a boy my age, heavily tattooed, with many piercings, his blue eyes rimmed in black kohl and his brown hair tucked into a black beanie.
I have a feeling I just over analysed his looks more than I should. Oops.

"Yes I did, would you show mrs. Gonzales around?"

The boy looked over to me with a blank expression then looked over to mrs. Riley "sure." He shrugged

"Come with me before we're late for second period." The boy said while walking out the door. I had to jog to catch up with him. Damn short legs.

"What's your name?" He said with a bored tone. Wow. So nice.

"Quetzali" he looked over to me with a surprised expression.

"No way!" He said with an amused expression.

"Umm yeah." This sent him into a hysteria. He even stopped us in the hall because of his laughing. Putting a small amount of traffic in the hall. People pushed ahead of us and Us in some occasions.

"Oh god I can't wait to tell Amber." He said while wiping his eyes.

I gave him a glare " hey I don't know your name guy liner boy"

He continued walking but looked over to me "woah and here I was thinking you were shy." He bopped my nose. What the hell? I just met him a few minutes ago, and even then he was a stone.

" My name is-" he began. But stopped when a small girl walked up to him and rammed into his body, making him drop all his things in the process.

"I BOOP YOU!!!!" The small girl yelled while running away.

"God damn it santa." The boy mumbled while trying to pick his things up from the floor. I bent down to help him, making the process faster. He sent a smile once we had all his things.

"Thanks. Now let me continue what I was trying to say before I was so rudely interrupted." He rolled his eyes before giving me a cheesy smile and stuck his tattooed hand out for me to shake.

"I'm zack." The bell took this exact moment to ring.

"Ugh c'mon! Let's go before we get in anymore trouble!" Zack said while running towards the end of the hall.

I tried to run after him at the same pace but failed miserably.

"HEY!! wait up!!"

_____________________

Soooo!!! New story! I was wondering if I should enters this in the wattys and find out what will happen. Still not sure.

Oh well.

Much love,

Ambrosia