Chapter one: the final empress

~Modern day Japan~

A little princess of age seven was singing a song as she was playing.

"When the morning sun comes down nicely, you can hear the clear water sound. The birds are singing too."

One of the servants informed the head staff that the police was here. One of the servants picked up the little princess running in the castle.

The police filled in breaking the wall and digging up part of the land. the rest of the police were trying to keep the reporters back. They found a coffin and lifted it out of the ground. They opened it and found a decaying body with a jewel necklace.

~breaking news: full term pregnant skeletal corspe discovered~

(Items were sealed in a wedding gift case discovered with the body)

"Breaking news. Today at the Japanese castle, the skeletal remains of a corspe were discovered. Reporter Sakura is at the scene. Reporter Sakura, I understand that a necklace was found with the skeletal remains."

"That's correct. The discovered necklace was confirmed to be the sapphier necklace prince Shoto gifted to the empress. It is at least a 150-carat sapphier set with 80 diamonds, a rare gem. The late emporer bought this from a French jeweler. The necklace was purchased as a wedding present for $2.2 million, and it was gifted to the empress."

(Forensics currently identifying body through DNA test)

(Belived to be a young woman in her 20s or 30s)

(Belived to be pregnant with twins at the time of death)

(Imperial family has yet to give official statement)

(Prosecution to break regulations regarding investigation of imperial family, to carry out search and seizure)

(For the first time in the 122 years of the Great Japan Empire, search and seizure of the imperial family)

(Police hold second round of briefings following identification of body)

~one year ago, 2019~
~year 121 of the great empire~

Prince Shoto stood at the stand with a room full of people.

"I just finished my tour of five African countries to ensure safety of the Great Japan Empire's ships that were hijacked in African waters. To tell you the results of the tour, all 23 crew members in captivity including the captain will be freed by the end of this month. I received this promise." The crowd clapped. Todoroki smiled.

"You have achieved success in such a difficult negotiation, but I am curious to know how you reached an agreement regarding the victims' ransom." One of the reporters asked.

"To bring back every single citizen without injury was the goal of my negotiations. The palace will pay full amount needed for their release." Todoroki explained.

"In the urgent summit where various countries met without me prime minister, why did the Emperor and Empress Dowager directly involved themselves in this situation?" Another reporter asked.

"That is..." His mother started

"What do you think about the rumors of the Empress Dowager's political influence exceeding that of the prime minister's ? Are you aware that there is even talks that it is becoming the age of the Empress Dowager's control?" The reporter asked. Todoroki's mother was speechless.

"What do you mean the Empress Dowager's control?" Todoroki asked. "The imperial family does not do politics." He said.

"Prime minister? It looks like His Majesty is getting tired." Todoroki's mother said. The prime minister nervously looked around.