❄ Chapter 4 ❄

Snow's Point of View [POV]

The Queen's words echo through my mind when I see Ellie awake and standing on top of that hill above the river. No, she screamed, giving away her position. I also see a dagger in her hand. My dagger.

Just more oddities since the snow started to melt after Ellie's cursed 'death'.

I had my suspicions and now they were confirmed with Ellie breathing.

The Queen of my demise is always there; taunting me with her words. Always. An echo of the curse. She was a hideous witch. The face of a raven and claws of a cat. She held immense power for shifting body parts while sharing her body with other creatures. 

She was warped and she was connected to powerful magic; the very magic that made me into what I am.

A wolf warrior. With my pack. My friends. My men.

At the time, over 250 years ago, we needed the shifting power from the Queen, now it all seems like a sorrowful nightmare I was glad to forget.

Except we never did forget, because we were still cursed. 

We were not 'werewolves' but we used the supernatural myth as an excuse to disguise our mission - finding the one to Burn our Curse.

The Queen overpowered me that final day she asked me to kill my family. Even when I snapped, she planned it, she expected it and used my anger against me. But in her will, she decided to torture me for a good while; a small eternity for my betrayal.

When you break your curse, Snowred, you'll only find love once again. You don't deserve love when your loyalty lacks a heart for your real true love and mistress; me. I. Have. Always. Owned. Your. Heart. It was the price for your position and power that I gave to you. And when I give it back to you now, as you've kindly requested by trying to kill me, it'll be to your witless end - because when you snatch it up and try to tame it - you'll break it. What is it, you ask? I'll give your heart to a girl. Weak and ravaged by life.  She'll be timid and shy. Meek and mild. The catch will be that she has a will for independence as her greatest strength. The only way to get her to love and return your heart will be to break her will. In that moment, she'll either fall in love with you for your arrogance or cut out your heart for your cruelty. When a weak woman finds her fury through being ravaged by a monster like you, you'll see what she chooses is wiser only for her. You'll see that you're not worthy of someone's mercy. Everyone dies, Snowred, and some like you deserve it - preferably by the hand of someone you love.

Such dramatics.

But it was still spoken by words of truth that had laid out my fate as she commanded it.

And that is why I run for Ellie now.

It was all weaving together.

Ellie was alive from my blood so she was the one to break my curse. I could not let her escape.

Ellie would be the key to my freedom.

I did not love her. I did not love anyone.

So. I didn't care if she screamed. 

From now on, I had my task and that was to crack her remaining stubborn will.

Crack it, then watch her fall at my feet.

As for my pack behind me, tagging along - they would also enjoy the female company.

It had been too long since we shared a meal together.

And Ellie would be the perfect treat with a rewarding end, whether or not it went in my favour, I would enjoy every moment just to spite that bitch Queen.