Chapter one

Castles, England was full of them. As an American, it was odd to see how normalized they were. But here I was, at the Queen's castle, on a self-guided tour.

I stood in line for what felt like hours before we got our tickets. My sister Alice got searched at nearly every security checkpoint, they claimed it was simply for 'random searches' but it was unusually how often she got searched.

I had given up on weird audio tour thing they gave us, it was too confusing. Instead I decided to just look around. Seeing the first room was amazing, i've never seen anything so beautiful. The gold dripped down every piece of furniture making it all seem fake. However, the high ceilings made the interior seem... 'larger than life' I guess would be the best way to describe it.

I was admiring the ceilings when I looked back down and I couldn't find my sister, or anyone. Somehow, I had been left. I suppose it wasn't that big of a deal, I could just find them later, I hope.

I saw a door my hand turn the knob and I opened it. It lead to a long hall with lots of doors. It honestly looked like something out of Caroline. I admired the tiny hallway, imagining it must have been for maids and peasants because it wasn't big like the other 'grand rooms'.

Subconsciously, I had walked a few steps forward while in my 'trans-like' state and suddenly the light from the large room stopped shining and I heard a Bam. I looked bc and the door was closed. I walked a few steps and tried to open it, the door handle jiggled in my hands, a taunting noise that meant I was trapped in this hallway.

I walked and admired the old brick and doors, though the hall wasn't grand, it had an a stuttle charm that couldn't be denied. I knew I had to get out. Who knows what would happen if they found me wandering through the castle. I brushed my hands against the walls as I walked past, looking the the stone however something bright caught my eye. One of the doors had sunlight peeking out the bottom. I put my hand in the metal doorknob, praying it was an exit.

I opened up the door, it made a loud squeak noise and alerted that someone had entered. I took a step out the see where I had entered. I was a small deck with a view similar to the one I had previously seen on the tour except this one wasn't blocked my a lot of trees or people. In fact, on the ledge on the deck sat a boy with him back to me, seeming unstarted by my entrance.

"I don't care what they say Sam, it won't make a difference, I won't do it" he spoke with a heavy tone, clearly thinking I was someone else. He sat with his feet dangling off the edge of the deck's wall. Dressed in a black blazer, he slouched and balanced himself on his arms, as his black hair swooshed against the wind.

I didn't know what to say. I stood there with my pink pencil skirt, white knee high socks, pink shoes, and a white top. The Wind blew hair into my lipgloss so i took all my blonde hair to one side.

"Sticking up for what you want, that's always a good thing, good job' I said awkwardly.

Hearing my voice, he turned back to reveal a pair of dark blue eyes filled with shock that he quickly hid.

"Thanks" He mumbled, not breaking my eye contact.

"I'm sorry to barge in on something personal, I didn't mean to" I said in my most genuine voice. The boy looked familiar, but I couldn't place where I had seen him before. The wind blew some of his hair over his left eye but he brushed it away and kept looking at me. I walked a little closer to the ledge, his eyes stayed on me but I looked out to the view for a moment. I turned back to him, I had to look up and he looked down, due to the fact that he was on the ledge and I was on the ground. Looking at his eyes, I could see he had been crying, they were rimmed with red but it wasn't my place to ask why.