Chapter 1

So, this is my first fanfic and it might not be good at first but i have so mant ides for this fanfic. just give me a chance? - Val x

  Resting my head on the table letting my nerves get the best of me feeling my stomach turn. I slowly look back up at my reflection in the mirror in front of me. I'm in my dressing room getting ready to perform again.  I've been performing in this club since I was 15, so for 4 years now. 'A taste in music' is like a restaurant with live music, hence the name of the place.Even though I've been performing here for a while now I always get nervous, But that was the best part. Getting nervous in the beginning and then soon realizing there was no need to be nervous. 

 I glance at the corner of my mirror where the picture of me and my dad is. I was 12 in that picture and that was probably the last picture me and my dad ever took together before he left both my mom and I. I'm 19 now.My dad used to always take me here to the club when ever it got a bit hectic at home or whenever we just wanted to listen to some good new performers.I pick up the picture careful not to wrinkle it  and and kiss it gently. "Wish me luck" I say in a hushed tone.

"Carter.?"

I catch a glimpse of movement at the door to see Jake.  Praying he didnt see anything I quickly place the picture back down. Looking through the mirror I see Jake walking towards me with a smile. Jake is the stage manager of the place, And also my best friend. We've known each other since I started singing here at the club, but back then he was only a waiter. He was there for me when no one else was.

As he walks closer I take in a glimpse of his appearance, tall, dirty blonde hair, and his amazing blue eyes. I always admired Jake's light shade of eyes and his tall figure. He was holding a mic in one hand and a clip board in the other.

"Cart?" I snap out of my thought and turn to look back at him smiling. 

"Hey, yea sorry I was just kinda deep in thought I guess,"

He rests his hand on my shoulder making tiny circles on my skin with his thumb while a chuckle escapes his lips.

"When aren't you?" 

I scoff jokingly and stand on my feet and look into the mirror one last time, tucking my long brown strand of hair hair behind my ear. I turn to walk out of the room with Jake walking beside me. At the end of the hall I see my other friends. Lana a waitress, Jason the bartender, and Brianna another waitress here. They all turn to my direction and smile at me.

I know singing at a club isn't that big of a deal, but to me its everything.

"Ready?" Jake says while handing me my Mic.

"Ready." The curtains start to slowly open and already the lights start to blind me .

A/N: HI guys so this was obviously the first chapter and this is the first time ive ever written a fanfic so try and be nice haha. I hope you guys like it so far i already have everything down and im excited!!! Comment and let me know how im doing so far? :)) -Val

THE CHARACTERS ARE

Carter Willson : played by Maia Mitchell

Jake O'Danold: Daniel Sharman 

Brianna Lee : Hayley Kiyoko

Jason Ortega : Evan Peters

Lana Eve : India Eisley