The Beginning of This Death Game

I could smell it, inches away. The forest's overwhelming aroma filled the warm summer air. I started to run, i tried to break free from the handcuffs of my real life, the farther i ran, the more free i felt. A huge smile illuminated my face, here i could make my own decisions, do what i want. The forest was getting closer, so I kneeled behind a bush to somewhat conceal my body. Slowly i wrapped my hand around the cold handle of my sword. I glanced up at the forest, seeing that many of the monsters in the forest have started to notice my presence. If i burst in, they'd all notice me. Could i take 'em all? Probably not, but i'll sure try! I pulled out my sword and sprinted to the forest, pushing my way through the trees. Instantaneously, Around forty-something monsters ran towards me. The first one carried a sword, just as i did. I flung mine full force at the giant beast, but he deflected it with ease. I concentrated my gaze, this was going to be harder than i thought. Unexpectedly, he threw a slice at my legs which i just barely jumped over. I took offense and slammed my sword into his, trying to disarm him. From there, i was going to lift my sword and go for his neck. He caught wind of what i was about do and he swiftly punched me in the stomach, which sent me soaring through the air. Suddenly my back slammed into the hard bark of a tree. My eyes widened, that was the last thing i expected him to do. He drifted closer to me and raised his quite large sword above his head, ready to cut me in half. But this wasn't going to be the last of me! I sprung up at the last second and swung around him till i got to his back. "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" I screamed and sliced my sword through his neck. He fell to the ground before exploding into a thousand small pixels. I smiled, and took pride in my work. A screen popped up before me. It read, 200 coins and 100XP. My smile grew even bigger, only 200 more XP until level 10.

"It took you that long to kill that?" A familiar and teasing voice called from behind me. "Erik" i hissed between gritted teeth. Before i could turn around, a hand tightly grasped my shoulder, but because i was still tensed from the battle i jumped a mile. Erik laughed, "loosen up! I took care of the rest for you, i got bored waiting." He giggled again, "and if it took you that long for one, i would've been waiting forever!" I threw my long time best friend a playful punch in the shoulder. "I wouldn't be complaining about my skills, Mister I-Cant-Pass-Level-Two." His expression flamed and his face became bright red. He crossed his arms and screamed, "Thats because i'm not specialized in fighting! I mostly make weapons okay??!! I have had ALOT of orders today and i don't have time to train!" I rolled my eyes. With a loud beep, another screen popped up. I sighed, is it already 5? "Ill be right back, i need to go eat dinner." He nodded and took a seat on a near by rock as I scrolled through my main menu. But as I got to the bottom, I raised an eyebrow "huh" Erik looked up at me, "what is it?" After i didn't respond he walked over to me."There isn't a log out button.....?" My voice trailed off. Erik rolled his eyes. "Do you think they know? I mean this could cause some major problems for the g-" Erik cut me off, "OH MY GOD!" He screamed sarcastically. "THERES A GLITCH! Its the end of the world isnt it?" He playfully grinned. I lowered my eyebrows, closed my eyes and slapped him across the face. "Gaahhh!" He exclaimed. But when i opened my eyes, he was gone. "E-erik?" I whispered. After a second i was teleported to the small village nearby, and i was standing next to Erik. "Are you hacking again?" I murmured to him. He answered by simply shaking his head. A red warning sign began to take over the sky, with a red substance oozing out of the cracks in the virtual atmosphere. My eyes grew wide as it formed into the shape of a man in a red cloak.

"Attention players. I welcome you to my world." He shouted in a loud, booming voice. "Kirirto, What does he mean by that?" I heard a scruffy voice whisper. I glanced over to my left and noticed a 2 men, one with short black hair and one with long ruby hair.

"My name is Akihiko Kayaba" The man continued, "And, as of this moment, I am in control of this world." I looked back at Erik, he looked puzzled. "What is it?" I questioned, but he just ignored me.