Pushed in a Corner

Year 3606, six years after the discovery of pracyon particles, Dr. Rhend Prac was on to God's blueprints again: The cloning technology. This technology that he discovered was supposed to be out of reach to anybody except for himself. He was planning to use this to replicate his own self to be experimented on to unravel the ways to produce pracyon particles that can match the natural ones. He works alone but somehow the information of these experiments leaked and the government specifically the military got interested in it. Since all of the projects Dr. Prac is on to are funded by the military , he had no choice but to comply. For decades he tried to keep the technology as isolated as possible by saying that the process of cloning takes time and money but the military was eager to use the technology even with the extravagant expense. The military even turned to their private partners just to continue the application of cloning technology to the military. With the partnership, the financially rich people also experienced the benefits of the technology and with this, Dr. Prac was able to amass wealth in secret and devised a plan to completely shutdown the program and keep the technology to himself.

Being so secretive with the technology, everything Dr. Prac says is true to the ears of everyone. He took advantage of this and told everyone on the military that the cloning program could not continue anymore because of a limited natural resource: a certain microbe he named "Clanusinus" which is essential to the process of growing living tissues. Little did they know that Dr. Prac was lying about one thing: Clanusinus is not a natural resource but something that he invented himself. He can breed these microbes as much as he want as long as there is funding. Since he had already amassed money to fund his research further for several decades, he can already fake his own death, disappear and continue his research in hiding but Dr. Prac became a cautious person, too cautious to be exact after the leaking of information about the cloning technology and wanted to make sure that when he goes into hiding, even an accidental sighting of him would not pose a serious problem. Even if he passes time and grow older for years, Dr. Prac still thinks that it might not be enough. Someone will still be able to recognize him as the famous scientist who discovered the pracyon particles. What he needed was decades or perhaps centuries and that could only be possible with that one research he shelved long time ago even before his discovery of the pracyon particles: Cryogenics.