Chapter I

Knock…Knock…Ilia wakes up startled to the sound of a tree branch tapping on a window. As he opens the door of the cottage, he sees David sitting outside on a bench keeping watch over the cottage and the group.

Ilia: Hey man! How long have you been here? Shouldn’t it been Suzy’s turn? (Asking with surprised look)

David: Yeah…I let her sleep in this once. It’s been a hard month. Shit happened, ya’know? (Explained with a tiresome face)

Ilia: I know what you mean bro! It’s been a shitty year after Guy’s stupid ass heroic action…

David: You know! I could have laughed at what you just said…But he did save our asses back then. We’ve survived almost four years now…We would of all died there…maybe except Suzy…She would have been brought back to their base and you know…

Ilia: Jeez man! Don’t be so vulgar! Well…Whatever…Even though I didn’t like Guy so much, we went through a lot of shit and ends up saving our lives. We were being backed up by those fuckers and…

David: Well, it’s been around four years since everything went to shit and a year since Guy died. Well… Those fucking infected little shits were everywhere! Man…Remembering the past is not fun…Good thing we all met at New market station like we promised that time…Now that we’re a bit to the west, we’re a bit safe. I mean, went all the way to Lake Huron. It took use weeks to get just here. The infected plus having to walk that many kilometers…it’s really tiresome…

The door creaks as Suzy walks in the conversation with a yawn

Suzy: David! Why didn’t you wake me up? And what are you guys talking about?

David: You looked pretty fucked up so I let you sleep

Suzy: Ohh…Yeah…Thanks

David: Are the rest still sleeping?

Suzy: Yeah…About that…Your brother has a hangover. He picked up a bottle of rum from the store we passed by a day ago and I guess he drank it last night. Kind of reminds me of what Guy used to do. He was so like “SWAG” and “YOLO” all the time…And in the end it’s how he lived his life. You need to talk to him…He hasn’t been himself lately.

Ilia: Let’s not talk about that. We just woke up and let’s not try to bring back bad memories.

David: Agreed. You guys can go back and have another two or three hours of sleep. I’ll keep watch until sunrise.

Suzy: Are you sure? You could use some sleep too. It’s my turn anyways

David: It’s alright Suzy. You know how I am and I can’t sleep much these days

Suzy: Fine. Just don’t over work yourself

David: Yeah…I know

*BANG!*

David: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT! (Exclaimed with a sudden surprise)

The group wakes up altogether while David quickly opens the door of the cottage to check up on everyone.

Farshad: What the hell happened! I thought Suzy was on patrol!

David: Stop fucking asking about that! Anyway, I heard a gunshot but I think it’s somewhere far off in the distance

Yoni: Ahh! My head! That is not how I would like to wake up in the morning!

David: Technically! It’s not morning bro…But close though!

Farshad: Stop your blabbing and get ready for anything that might happen

Ilia: I’m going to check it out…Farshad with me! Suzy and David, watch over the cabin. And Yoni! Seriously, get your act together…Our group will fall one day because of you!