Thorns

Hi. This is a small Finny x reader fanfic. The inspiration for this story comes from one of my dear friends. She's a really good writer and her idea was just hilarious. So, please enjoy...

Finny straddled you onto the bed. It was really easy for him, considering the difference between his and your strength. "You know (y/n)... I kind of like seeing you like this. It's different" You had never imagined that the cute Finnian could say something that evil. "No, Finny, let go of me!" but it was to no avail. He gradually narrowed the distance between you... 

"Aah!" You scream in agony. "Stop! It hurts!"

"Calm down, I'm already done. I still can't believe you fell into that rose bush... You're face is full of thorns!" He said while plucking away another one. "It actually looks kind of funny. I should have taken a picture" "Finny!" you exclaimed. "How could you say something like that?"

Tears welled up in his big, teal eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say something that would upset you!" His cries became worse. You were afraid that the noise was going to attract Sebastian's attention.

"N-no Finny! It's alright, don't cry. You didn't upset me. I understand that it must have looked pretty funny." He stopped crying. "A-are you really okay?" he asked me. "Yes. I'm fine" Finny smiled. Oh, how you adored that smile...

you were in love with Finny. There was no way you could deny it. He was too cute for words, how he always blushed when he felt awkward. The way he made you laugh when you were feeling down. And especially... his big teal eyes. Those eyes that represented green hills of grass in the middle of spring... He was amazing.

Finny helped you to get the remaining thorns out of your face. "Thank you, Finny" you said to the boy. He smiled again. But it wasn't his usual, happy smile. It was a bitter smile, full of pain. "Is something wrong?" you asked him.

"No. Oh wait, actually, yes there is. It's just that... that... that I like you, b-but how could I have ever thought that you would like someone like me. My strength... I'm always afraid that I'm going to hurt you" So that's what had been bothering him...

"Finny" you started "I don't think that's true. You see, you said you didn't think that someone like me would like someone like you. That's where you're wrong. I do like you. In fact... I think that I have a little crush on you, Finny"

You looked at his face. His eyes brightened, but they dulled when a different thought crossed his mind. "T-that's not true. I don't believe you. You're just saying that to make me feel better" It looked like he was about to cry again.

"Please Finny, you have to believe me!" "Prove it!" he said. "Okay, but I'm not holding back" 

You leaned towards the boy and stared into his eyes, not breaking the contact. You leaned further forward and closed your eyes until a pair of soft lips touched yours. 

Finny's eyes widened. Then he closed them and kissed you back. He put his arms around your waist and you put your arms around his neck.

"(y/n)" Finny said. "C-can we please do that again?"

"Of course we can, Finnny" you said...