I. Nightmares

Cold sweat dripped down my body as I woke up from a nightmare

Recently I've had the same dream over and over, every single night. And every night I woke up sweating and breathing heavily.

Every night I dreamed about this beautiful man, a dark prince. His dark hair delicately fell onto his forehead and part of his eyes and his black clothes perfectly fitted around his perfect body. His eyes were dark and mesmerizing and everything about him made me shake in fear but at the same time I felt safe around him and as if I could trust him. He was calling my name and holding out his hand for me. But before I could take it, strange noises violently banged against the back of my mind, it sounded like terrible screams. Those voices sound evil, so evil that my whole body shook in panick and anxiety. Those voices were consuming me, burning me and torturing me.

Blood dripped out of my eyes, ears, nose and mouth and down my face, mixing with the burning hot tears that were leaving my eyes at the horrible agony. The man in front of me disappeared and those voices kept screaming into the darkness surrounding me. I screamed for help but no one would hear me. I was trapped in those nightmares and no one could hear me crying and screaming until I built up enough strength to wake up.

However, I remembered the face of the guy in detail everytime I woke up. Luckily I didn't forget them. It helped and calmed me when I thought of his face. Everything about him was perfect.

I was scared to open up about my dreams to my parents. I wasn't sure on how they would react. Would they think I was going crazy? Would they lock me up in a mental health institution? Would they even care about it? Either way I decided it would be best to keep it to myself.

I decided to get up and go for a jog. My parents were still asleep and I didn't want to wake them up so I sneaked my way downstairs and out of the house after I was ready with my morning routine and getting changed.

It had rained the night before so I took a deep breath when I finally stood outside. The smell of wet grass was definitely one of my favorite scents. It just had something refreshing about it. It cleared my mind.

After putting on my favorite playlist I started jogging at a slow pace at first, which I increased as the time passed by.

I tried to erase that terrifying dream out of my memory and luckily I succeeded. Everything I was thinking about right now was my surroundings, kids playing on a playground, people walking their dogs and couples taking morning walks while holding hands. Everything felt peaceful and I enjoyed every moment of it.

I closed my eyes for a second to enjoy the fresh breeze stroking my skin but shortly after that I bumped into something. Or should I say someone... I opened my eyes, roaming the person in front of me with a shocked and worried expression while stumbling backwards a little, almost falling down but I managed to gain balance again. The person however wasn't affected by the sudden crash, not even slightly.