Understanding Part 1

"it's not your fault" the words barley leaving his chapped lips.

"it's not your fault you don't understand" he says to her.

"Some things we will never understand and all we can do is acknowledge that someone somehow does" he says mouth trembling.

"That's how it is for me, In my thoughts, in my mind, it makes sense" he chokes.

"So when I become vulnerable to you don't reply with what your take is on the matter. I don't care what you think it doesn't change how it is in my brain" he says with a single tear running down his cheek.

She is now crying as well. The sight of him crying brining her to cry silent tears.

"And baby it's not your fault" he says taking ahold of her trembling hands.

"I don't expect nor do I want answers from you. I just want to be heard and listened to" he gulps holding up one hand to her cheek wiping her tears away with his thumb.

Their eyes meet and the young girl can't help but take notice of his devastatingly beautiful eyes. Pale and glazed over and empty. Looking into his eyes now only brings back memories that have faded into the background. There used to be days they appeared bright and full of light.

His eyes don't contain any of that now.

They continue to stare at each other as there was no need for words, when their eyes exchanged a language of their own.

And as light turns to dark. And as the leaves fall off the trees. And as sun turns to rain. Understanding one another goes the same way, it will continually change seasonally.

And when it comes to loved ones all you can do is hope there is more green grass then snow.

But either way you still love them the same.

Authors Note: What do you thing? If anyone reads this I would love your input! Thanks :)