Prompt: There's something i need to get off my chest.

I should've stayed at home. What in the world possessed me into accepting the invitation? Some highschool graduation party where everyone get together for one last time and party before we part ways. The party was held at the town's oldest three-story house. It had vines running along the windows and weed growing through the sidewalk. Spider webs were plentiful along the corners and walls of various rooms. I only came because i knew she would be here. My crush would be here and it might be the last time I'll see her. I want tonight to be the night where i tell her my feelings. Hell, if she likes me back, i don't know what to do besides asking her out. I don't have the slightest clue in dating. It might be hard to believe I've never dated but i kept my field to only one person all through middle and high school. Then there she was, with a red plastic cup, chatting away to her best friend, Lea (or something like that.)

I  slowly got off the couch. As if my body knew what i was planning, my hands started to sweat, heart started to speed up, and my stomach bounced around. I'll regret doing this later. My feet drug along the ground as a trudge towards her. The world started to go on slow motion as i tapped her shoulder, getting her attention.

"Can i speak with you? Alone?" My voice was small and cautious. She looked at Lea, then nodded her head. She followed me outside, passing all the dancers and talkers. When we got far enough, i stopped and turned towards her. I ran my hand through my dark brown hair and sighed. "There's something i need to get off my chest. You might like it, you might not," I said, looking into her light brown eyes.

"What? We ain't go all day," she grumbled, shivering in the wind. I already regret this but it only gets better.

"I like you... Like for a while."

"You like me? As a friend?" she asked.

"No, more than a friend. I felt this way since middle school. Ever since we were put on the same dodgeball team." I looked down. The silence was killing me. I slowly looked up, her eyes were lost in mine.

She cleared her throat and mumbled, "sorry but it can't happen. I ain't feeling the same towards you,"

My heart shattered. My field disappeared and my mind was going insane. I nervously looked away as she continue to stare at me. I regret everything. I shouldn't have done this.

"Well, Imma go back to Janie."

She walked away from me, her black hair swishing at every step she took. When she finally was out of view, i let the tears loose. They ran wildly around my face, leaving burning trails of regret.

I wiped my face off with the sleeve of my hoodie and went back to the party. I grabbed a red plastic cup, not truly knowing what was in it, and gulped the substance down. Fuck my life.

Everything that happened afterwards was a blur. Next thing i know, i was taken to the police department for whatever reason. I don't remember a thing but my head hurts like hell.