My Personal Inferno.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice
is also great
and would suffice.

                                                 -Robert Frost

Flames danced around in my dreams that night. Calling. Always calling. My eyes snapped open, but I wasn’t awake. I couldn’t see anything, except for a small light of fire.

I wanted to walk to it. It was calling, asking to be released. My legs wouldn’t budge. I couldn’t do anything but watch it flicker, slowly dimming out. My heart dropped, and I felt only darkness, suffocating me.

The light went out, and I gasped awake.

My room was dark, and my heart was beating like a rabbits. These dreams, they held the feeling of despair. Without that flame, I was nothing.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to, for once, forget my dream. I held my hand out, calling the heat inside my core to rise. Thankfully, it did, eagerly. My hand was now cloaked with a hot flame.

I sighed with relief. Fire hadn’t left me. It was still burning inside me and protecting me. I relaxed back into a laying position, still holding that flame on my hand.

It snaked its way around each of my fingers, slowly. I closed my fist, thanking the element, and allowing the flame to go out.

That was the exact moment where I realized that I could not live without fire.