The Mystery of Mr. Buns

        There was once a man named Vance in the small village of Zarion. Vance was a very nice person, he even had many friends, but he knew something was wrong with this village. Recently people had been disappearing, only to be found slaughtered 7 days later. Vance knew he could find the killer, as he was a detective in the city that was very close to Zarion. The name of the great industrial city was Brynshire, the capital of the country Vance resided in, Solaria.

            On March 1st of the year 1707, Vance had gotten reports of a new victim of Mr. Buns, the recent mass killer. The report was the same as the others. The girl had disappeared 7 days ago only to be found as a head that morning on March 1st.  Nobody know why the name Mr. Buns was given to the killer, maybe the killer gave it to himself one day. Vance then left the station in Brynshire to go investigate.

            When Vance got to the scene it was wretched. The body had been dragged into the middle of a street and sliced open; the head was also cut off. Vance was extremely tired though as he was drinking heavily the night before. It was also his first case in over a month. He asked his partner Tim to investigate locals while he looked for evidence pointing to the killer. That was the moment when Vance found breadcrumbs, not just any ordinary breadcrumbs though.

            Vance then went off to the best bakery in all the land, Rolling in the Dough Bakery, leaving Tim at the scene. Vance worked there once before he became a detective so he knew the owner Kenny quite well. Kenny was one of the richest men in the world by making a bakery; it was basically unheard of to have success like that.  Vance asked Kenny about Mr. Buns, but Kenny called Vance an idiot for asking something like that with the hundreds of customers that came every day.

            Vance’s eyes widened. Within an instant Kenny had disappeared, vanishing straight from the eyes of Vance. He didn’t know what just happened, there was blood all through the room. The head of Kenny was hanging on the door. “What’s going on?” Vance said.  Time had literally jumped for him. Vance was terrified and ran out of the office. He had to go back home to Zarion.

            When Vance got home he checked the day. It was March 8th, a week after he had sat down and talked with Kenny but only hours after he saw the dead body of Kenny. Vance was the only one who though he was going crazy, and he didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t really sure of what to think, “Did I murder Kenny? “ he said to himself. “No, impossible. I couldn’t have. But it looked like the average Mr. Buns case. I have to go back and find out what happened.”

            Kenny then went back to Brynshire, leaving his small village. And when he got to the station he was greeted by his partner Tim. “Where were you? You left me on that street with those filthy people that entire day and you show up 7 days later. What were you doing?”

            Vance paused and thought to himself what he had seen. “I… was I… I don’t know. It all seems like a flash.” But Vance knew what had happened. He didn’t want to believe it but it was true. All along he thought he was the good guy, but he was actually the murderer he spent months trying to capture. Vance was Mr. Buns, and maybe it didn’t stop at that. Vance could have been doing this his entire life. Several different murderers trapped inside of one man. “Can you go grab me the papers over there, Tim?” Vance asked.

            “If it will get you to answer my question then I will.” Tim responded. As Tim walked over to get the papers, Vance slowly walked behind and pulled out his knife. And as Tim turned around with the papers in his hand, his lifeless body fell to the ground. Vance had adopted a new name at that moment, Mr. Buns. Something had awoken inside of Vance, and Vance was no more.