Prologue

ART MADE BY ME

ART MADE BY ME

Ever since Denki Kaminari has gained his quirk when he was three years old, he had always been powerful. He had a quirk that was so rare amongst the population. A quirk that was so overpowered that hardly anything could stop it. Electricity ran through his veins, thrumming in his heart, fueling his lungs. The boy had much potential when it came to terms with being a hero.

Not only that, but Kaminari was an extremely smart child with a high IQ. His future was bright. A beacon of hope in a dark time. The time in which his family was not safe.

There was a threat, striking fear into his chest. He was afraid to go to sleep at night, afraid of the monsters that would sneak inside their home. He would stay up, laying in bed for hours, pondering on the idea of someone coming in to harm them.

Sometimes Kaminari would pretend to be asleep, listening in on his parents conversations.

"It's not safe, Horikoshi. What about Kaminari? We need to be there to protect him."

"There's nothing we can do. All Might says he's trying his best to make sure we're safe." Kaminari had put his faith into the Symbol of Peace . . . The number one hero.

Children all over to world looked up to him as if he were some kind of god. They worshipped him, put faith in him. He seemed almost untouchable.

Kaminari knew that All Might would always save the day. I AM HERE! He would bellow on the TV in interviews with talk show hosts and news anchors.

All Might is here. The young boy would whisper to himself over and over again until he lulled himself into a peaceful slumber.

His whole life changed forever the moment he turned ten. He could remember the night so vividly. It was the worst night of his life.

Kaminari had been in bed, looking up at the white ceiling in the darkness of his room. The moon peered through his window. He had listened to the sounds of his parents conversations.

His father had talked about the threats on their family that were increasingly getting worse. He had talked about All Might's promise. The promise that he would be there as fast as possible if anything were to occur.

He could hear a knock on the front door through the paper thin walls. He could always hear everything. Then there was his mother's blood curdling scream. He could feel his heart begin to palpitate beneath his rib cage. Without thinking, Kaminari sprinted out of the bed and into where the screams had come from.

A man with a built body had stood in the middle of the living room, thick black combat boots pressing into the carpet. His mother was hoisted up in the air by her neck, long blonde locks covering her features. The man's meaty fingers were clenched around her throat so tightly as she choked from the pressure. He hadn't noticed Kaminari. "You didn't listen. You knew my master's demands and had ceased to fulfill them. He wants the child."