Chapter 1, the beginning

Beep! Beep! Beep! I woke up to the ear-shattering sound of my alarm clock. I slowly got out of bed. I looked out my window and saw the cold outside world. It was September. The trees were going from green to yellow, red, brown, and orange.

I looked at my phone and saw all of the 20 messages sent from my best friend Bella. Me and Bella have been friends for god knows how long. We are always together. Ever since she saved me from bullies in the 3rd grade.

My mornings are usual the same. I took a shower and i did my hair and i ate breakfast basically. Today felt special so i decided to change it up a bit. I took a shower and did a side braid and put on a orange-red tank top and a creme colored sweater and i put on dark-washed skinny jeans and some black combat boots.

I left my brother sleeping so he wouldn't miss his classes later. Ever since a got my new car, he has more time to sleep. I started my engine and drove off listening to "Trumpets " by Jason Derulo.

Once i got there i locked the door and walked away from my car. I got there 10 minutes early. I decided to go to my locker and say hi to Bella.

Suddenly i get pushed down. When i looked up it was my ex-boyfriend Ray. "Sorry Amber", he says with the fakest smile i have ever seen. He tried to help me up."I'm fine", I said getting up."Bye", he says."Bye", I say in a more sarcastic tone.

I walk to my locker and see Bella taking out books."Hi Bell, guess who shoved me down just when i got out of my car", I say as she looks up. "Ray", I said trying not to be pissed off. "Well that's nice,i have to get to class, bye", she said quickly leaving. "Bye then', I said standing alone by my locker. That was strange. Usually she loves listening to Ray stories.

I make my way slowly to History. In my mind it is the class where i just look out the window but ace my tests. It drives Mr. Simon crazy. I arrive to class and sit in my usual seat. In the back of the room. After half an hour Mr.Simon asks me a question,"Ms.Taylor, how many presidents have we had in The United States?" I answer,"44",i say turning around to see his annoyed face.

Mr.Simon is one of those teachers who actually like to fail students. Ever since his divorce 2 years ago he has become the most depressing person you will ever meet.

"Class, we have a new student here. This is Zayn Malik.",he says adjusting his glasses."It's pronounced Z-a-y-n",he said looking around the room. He was amazing. He had Chocolate brown hair and eyes. His hair was in a sort of quiff. He had lots of (awesome)tattoos. His face was perfect."Zayn sit next to Ms Taylor, in the back

He was walking towards me.I fixed my hair. "Um hi,I'm Amber", i said as he sat down."Hi", he said. He had a heavy British accent, not very common in California. We basically talked the whole period. He has 3 sisters, he moved here from Bradford, England, and most importantly he's single.

After class Bella came up to us."Hey new kid", she said pointing. Bella had a secret boyfriend no one knew about so she didn't bow down to the holy sex god in front of her. "Um hi", he said confused. "Oops. Zayn, this is Bella my best friend." i said, clearing up the confusion.

We walked to lunch together. Bella disappeared like she did earlier. Strange. I saw my friends at the lunch table. " Zayn, this is Mai, Tessa, and Lucas (Luke)."I said pointing to them."Well hello", Luke said. Luke's gay. He's also Mai's older brother. "Um hi", he said. Mai and Tessa started laughing like crazy. "Here there's an empty seat next me", Luke said excitingly ."Here sit next to me it might be safer",I said. Luke rolled his eyes.

Bella came back when we were leaving lunch. After lunch class is completely optional so we were going home. Zayn left his car at home so I was carpooling everyone home. First Tessa, in her lovely almost mansion. She doesn't have a car cause she isn't old enough. Then Zayn in his lovely flat. Then Mai and Luke in their lovely house.