prologue

"If you want Ashley to be saved come to the place I ll message to you and do not call the police." an unknown number said.

I was still trying to understand what I heard when I heard a beep from my phone. I checked the message and saw an address probably, the same address the caller was talking about. I did not even wait to possess what was happening, I called Tyler and told him what happened warning him not to call the police or come assuring him that I ll be fine. I  forwarded the address to him, I needed a back up in case I do not make it back. I ran to my wardrobe,picked a black trouser,black shirt and black jacket. Don't sue me I needed the perfect dress for the perfect job. I tied my hair into a ponytail and wore black boots, grabbed my keys and ran to my car.

I stopped my car in front of an abandoned building. I checked the address to confirm "yup,this is the place" I said as a matter of assurance.

I entered the building removing any obstacle on my way. I tried searching for anything- I mean anything I could use as a clue. I'm a master of detective- at least in my head and I made sure not to touch anything.

I was already daydreaming about being an FBI agent when a heard a gun shot. I made my way to where I heard it and I saw a figure escaping through the window, but being a master detective I saw the person had brown hair.

I scanned the room to see who was shot, just then I saw Ashely lying lifeless on the floor with blood gushing out of her chest. I stood there looking at her lifeless body not able to move just then I got two messages. One from Tyler and the other from the unknown number. I checked the one from the unknown number first because I wanted to know why he killed my best friend.

Unknown number:I'm sorry, I told you not to call the police, you could have saved her.

"Police" I said to my self."what police" just then I read Tyler's message

Tyler xoxo:hey,I hope you are alright. The police are outside. Take care.

"Alex?" I heard my name. I turned to see a police officer, I just pointed to the lifeless body on the floor. Just then Tyler came in and took me outside. While I was outside, the ambulance came and when Ashley's body was carried, I looked at her and then that moment it dawned to my that my best friend is dead, all we have done together came flashing through my head. Tears I never knew existed in me started pouring out. I Alexandra Dickson never cries. Just then I ran to Ashley. "I'll find your killer if it is the last thing I'd ever do, I promise Ashley " I whispered to her.

Hey guys... I hope you all enjoy the story.
I'm sorry this chapter was short... But it is just the beginning.

Muaaahhhh😂😂