1

The official gathering spot for soul bondings had been outside the pack house of South Hill River. During the night as the whole pack waited impatiently for the full moon so the bonding would be able to take place. A little stage where Devin and Aciel stood on top. One wolf on each side and Alpha Travis stood in between while holding the hands of Devin and Aciel.

"And today, we are all gathered to witness the soul bonding of Devin Alexander, son of our Alpha Travis Alexander, and Aciel King from the West Lake pack". Gamma, Albert Rose announced.

Right as Alpha Travis had brought Devin and Aciel's hand together. The Beta howled loudly behind the Alpha indicating the full moon.

"You both may now come together and be one". The Gamma had once again announced.

Tension of a hopeful future had arisen between the pack members of the south and west. A tranquil scene eerie but yet very happy and joyful.

Right on cue, Devin cupped Aciel's face using one hand, while the other held on to his shoulder. Securing Aciel for the bite that would seal their souls as they would become one. Devin leaned forward and nosed along Aciel's neck in an attempt to find his scent gland. As he did so, Devin licked lightly the spot where he would soon mark as a symbol of their mating.

Devin ever so slowly bit into Aciel's scent gland, savouring the taste of iron that at that moment was as sweet as a full grown strawberry. A sweetness that instantly relived and calmed Devin. The blood of Aciel King had flown through his system in a flash.

While Aciel whimpered quietly and held on to Devin as tightly as he could.  Bunching up the soon to be Alpha's white shirt. The pain was the first thing he noticed. But in seconds the pain had been replaced by a sense of calming aura, an aura of a safe future while being in the arms of Devin.

The pack had seen the transition from nervousness to a calming quietness between the mates. Relieving the pack members in an instant.

What the Alpha felt, they had felt too.

Devin slowly retracted his fangs and leaned away from Aciel as if worrying that he had hurt the Omega.

"Aciel King may now proceed the bonding with Devin Alexander".

Aciel looking up at Devin for the first time had been overwhelmed by the feeling of admiration towards the Alpha. Now as both partners changed positions, Aciel had to hold on to Devin's shoulder as he tiptoed to find the Alpha's scent gland. Breathing in the scent of musk and the hint of the sweetness of a peach. The Omega proceeded to lick and even kiss slightly to prepare Devin for the bite.
Aciel struggled to stand on his tiptoes while trying to finish off the mating, Devin had witnessed the Omega's distress so he had placed both his hands on each side of the latter's hips.

The bite had doubled the amount of intensity of the new found connection between the two wolves.

"Congratulations to Devin and Aciel for finishing the soul bonding!". Gamma had smiled lightly as he looked at the new pair with a new found fondness.

And the crowd immediately erupted in a crazy laughter and applause. Cheering the new pair of Alpha and Omega. Cheering the new alliance between the South Hill River pack and West Lake pack.

Aciel quickly but carefully removed his fangs from Devin's neck and turned around in the Alpha's arms to witness the crowd with a big smile of his own.

"The feast shall now begin". Alpha Travis said loudly with a content look.

Soon music and chattering could be heard all over the place. As both the packs had decided to enjoy the get together for the first time.

Aciel

Although, this had been an arranged mating. I was content. I was satisfied and proud of myself to have given my pack a promise of a better future.

I looked up at Devin. Finding his eyes as his find mine. There was no love between us. However, I could feel it in my bones the assurance of a powerful connection. As if we were somehow, literally one. I could feel him, understand him, and even predict him.

It was weird nevertheless. It was something new to experience. And I liked it.

I mean, of course I had hoped for a better chance to mate. To mate with someone I truly loved. But, being the son of the Alpha of my pack. Life had never been easy. And I doubt that it will be any easier.

"Hey, are you okay?". Devin whispered in my ear.

I quickly refocused on Devin. Clearing my clouded thoughts.

Nodding my head with a small smile.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Devin said nothing as he shrugged and smiled back at me.

He offered his hand, waiting for me to take it. I rose my hand and placed it in his. He had raised our linked hands upwards, and slightly bowed down in-front of me.

Oh lord, what a gentleman.

My face heated up in seconds. Not being used to this kind of treatment from any Alphas. Screw that, I have not been handled by such respect.

And so Devin guided me down the stage. As I followed beside him and not behind like I had been trained to do so my whole life. I quickly masked my reaction of surprise and gave him another smile. We walked through the crowd as the Alpha's son took us to the middle of the crowd.

He placed his hand on my waist and took my other hand in his. I confidently, placed my available hand on his shoulder.

And slowly, music started to play in the background.

And I yet again, danced along the slow beats of the song just like I had practiced a thousands times before.

"How do you feel about leaving your home and pack?" Devin asked, looking apologetic.

"I already miss it there."

But that wasn't true. Because I didn't. I was finally out of there. Finally out of that hell hole.

-

Hello y'all. I tried writing in third person but apparently I suck. So I will avoid that in the future. Thank you. Bye. Byeeeee.