1.

i walk along the crowded hallways hiding my face in the hood of my jet black jacket. after a slow, time consuming walk i make it to my rusty old locker at the end of the hallway, next to the science classrooms. i open it quickly as something white and black falls from it to the floor.

'shit,' i whisper quietly as i bend over to pick up the mysterious piece of paper. it was a small piece of lined paper, folded exactly 4 times. i unfold it making sure no one can see me. the cool paper feels rough in my shaky hands. there's something written on it that doesn't look legible until i start to make sense of the words 'i saw you alone again. - M'

i make a confused look and shove the now crumpled piece of paper into my locker and continue to get the books for my next subject. whatever that was, i want to get it out of mind. i grab my math book and practically sprint upstairs, knowing im already a minute late.

'hello, miss williams i see you finally decided to show up to class,' my math teacher says crossly. i tip toe over to my desk and silently sit down.

'uh sorry sir, i got a bit held up,' i mumble.

'got held up? whatever held you up is definitely not as important as my lesson, so i expect you to be on time tomorrow,' he begins to yell.

'yes sir, of course,' i say proudly, realizing i don't need to be scared of this dumbass teacher too.

i sit through the entire class, feeling as though someone is watching me but every time i turn around no one is looking anywhere near me. i hoped this school would be better than the last 8 ones ive attended but it hasn't proved that theory right....yet. there's a few bitchy popular girls who've left me alone mostly and then a group of hot guys who i don't want to get near and then a few stray people that fit in to some weird category like chess club or nerdland or something but i was alone. i never seem to fit in anywhere. there should be a group for teenage girls who have no dad and a hatred for color but apparently there isn't. so i sit alone, read alone, walk home alone, be alone. ive gotten used to the idea of being alone, but it still aches my heart knowing the last time i had someone to call a friend was at my second school in the 3rd grade.

the minutes tick by slowly and finally the lunch bell rings. i shuffle out of the classroom trying to go unnoticed, again. this time i pull my hood down and decide to smile. i need to be happy again, even if it's hard. i once again walk to the end of the hallway to my locker, thankfully this time nothing falls out. i grab my sack lunch and take it out the back door. the door with the big red sign reading 'NO EXIT!' even though it leads straight to the concrete benches where everyone eats lunch. im not one for following instructions anyway.

i stick my headphones in finally being able to listen to music since this morning. i missed the sound of something loud blaring in my ears, it calms me down. i sit down on the cold bench and pull out my smashed pb&j sandwich. i notice that there's another piece of lined paper inside my lunch, folded exactly 4 times. i open it hoping to find something more interesting than last time....

-

sooo what do u think about it?? - sarah :-)