Lockdown (On Hold)

Chapter 1: The move

  I took a long, hard glance at my home. I had grown up in this house my entire life, and now I was being forced to say goodbye. I had my first kiss in this house, my first sleepover, every Christmas and birthday, my entire childhood revolved around this house. I sighed and glanced away, carrying my last box out. I handed it over to my father, who carefully slid it into the crowded van. He closed up the back of the van, smiling.

 “Everything’s all packed” he said, walking around to the other side of the van and sliding into the driver’s side. He called back out for me to go get my mother. I did as I was told, entering the house that was soon not going to be mine anymore. I found my mother in my old bedroom, looking around. I put my hand lightly on her shoulder.

“Dad’s ready to go” I said sadly. She nodded, unable to face me. I could tell she was upset about moving as well, considering that this house meant as much to her, possibly more, than it did to me.

 My dad had just gotten a promotion in his job, the promotion of a lifetime; but in order for that to happen; we had to move from our little happy hometown of St. Johns Newfoundland all the way down into the states. I had always wanted to go to the states, but only for vacation, not a permanent move. “Mom?” I said, a tear rolling down my face. She walked right past me without saying a word. I sighed, glancing around my room one final time. Goodbye I thought.

  As I exited the house, I looked down at my shoes. This was it, this was my goodbye. When I looked up, I began to cry. All of my friends were standing in front of me. I scanned the crowd for someone’s eyes in particular, until my gaze locked with beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I smiled at my boyfriend William, as I ran up to him and gave him a tight squeeze.

  My friends crowded around me for one big group hug. “I’m going to miss seeing you’re beautiful face every day, Liana” William whispered in my ear before pulling me into a deep kiss. I pulled away, looking into his eyes.

  “Facetime me everyday” I managed to say between sobs. He nodded, and I turned to hug my best friends. I started to cry even harder, turning to face Roserade. Rose had been my best friend ever since daycare and leaving her was the hardest thing I had ever had to do.

  “I love you” she said, beginning to cry. I nodded.

    “I know, I love you too” I sobbed before wrapping my arms around her in a very tight hug. I didn’t want to let her go. Leaving her was like leaving William.

  I pulled away when my dad honked the horn. I gave William another hug and a few more kisses. “My family’s going to Florida for Christmas; I’ll see you then my baby” he said. I nodded, and walked over to the van. I turned and called goodbye, before finally sinking into the van. My dad began rolling down the driveway. I put the window down and poked my head out, glancing back at everyone I loved. They all waved, everyone crying. “I love you!” William shouted to me as loud as he could.

  I sobbed. “I love you too!” I screamed back. We got farther and farther, until I couldn’t see any of them anymore. I put my head back in, rolling the window up. As we drove toward the airport, I sobbed some more. I really didn’t want to leave my happy little town, but I knew I had to, no matter how much I fought.

 William and Rose were so hard to leave behind, and it was breaking my heart that I would barley be able to see them or talk to them again.

  It only took about 10 minutes to get to the St. Johns airport. As I was going through security, I heard someone calling my name. I turned to see William running up to me. He picked me up and spun me around. “What are you doing here?” I said, happier than ever.