Chapter 1 : It's All About Love

"Dear Ronit,

I'm writing this text to you because you suck. I understand the concept of cold feet and that marriage might seem like the ball and chain. I mean eventually my tits are gonna sag and your.. well everything is gonna sag but couldn't you have figured this before we payed for the wedding. Before I spent thousands on a red scrap of cloth. My mother got a new hip so she could walk me down the isle you spineless son of a bitch. Well I really wanted to tell you that German chocolate instead of plain fruit cake was a fabulous idea it really soothed me and stopped me from running your mother through with the cake knife for giving birth to you. The wine was great too although most of it is in the toilet now along with most of the wedding dinner, it kind of reminds me of your face. Anyway have a great life Ro, and by great life I mean; I hope you get an STD and your balls fall off. Or I hope that you get run over by a truck... or two. In other words wherever life takes you, and whatever happens I hope your life will be as empty as my back account, as short lived as our wedding, as pitiful as I felt standing alone at that altar and I hope your bank account gets big because I'm going to sue you for digits longer than a train. Have a nice life!

Go To Hell,
Prerna."

Anurag simply gulped as he read the text in Prerna's mobile. Then covered his mouth with a hand and stifled a laugh.

"God woman, what is this? You don't seem to be lethal but your words they are definitely injurious to one's health," he said looking at the text once more.

"Oh, and I thought you knew that already. Now if your interrogation is over you might go and concentrate on your work as well," Prerna stood up from her chair and shot a waspish look at him. Presently, she was seated in her cabin where right opposite to her sat Anurag Basu. She was the HR Manager in Basu Wide Publications.

"Of course I will. I just came to give you a shoulder to cry on."

Prerna literally rolled her eyes to the back of her head. "More than me you need one. All you need to do is ask."

Anurag's mouth twisted into a most annoyed expression. "How do you know?"

"It's the most simple thing, I just facebook-ed. Mishka changed her status to 'single' and I knew you two must have had a breakup," she shrugged. "I didn't cry myself to sleep knowing exactly that both of us were going through the same plight."

Anurag caught his breath hearing her last sentence, if only looks could kill. "You are one sadistic woman!"

"Anything for a healthy sleep during the night," she waved her hands in the air, scooting closer to him.

"Anyway you would always find someone better than her. I have high hopes for you, man."

"I loved her," he gave her that serious expression which meant he really meant what he said and Prerna wondered if he was just trying to convince himself into it.

"Congratulations, even I loved him," she did. All her life she had been dreaming of that one man and when she found him, he ditched her.

"How did you fall for that douchebag?" Anurag questioned folding his hands tightly, his elbows resting on the table.

"I don't know. I guess this is why people say falling in the gutter of love."

Anurag nodded and then as if feeling the responsibility of acknowledging her about his relationship as well, "We met in college and kind of clicked."

"But why this oh-so-sudden breakup? I mean you guys were okay the day before yesterday when you had come for my haldi function."

"I asked her to marry me."