Fishing

*Russia's PoV*

I walk around the large house, staring at the aquariums. The mermaids inside glare at me. They turn around and refuse to look at me.

Ukraine runs up and starts tapping on the glass. The mermaids hold their hands up to their heads, trying to block out the sound.

I turn to my brother. "Ukraine, please stop."

"Why? I want them to look at me!"

"They don't like it."

"It's their fault! They won't look at me!"

"Please stop. Would you like it if someone knocked on your walls loudly just to get you to look at them?"

"No! Belarus does that too much already!"

"Well, that's what it's like for them when you tap on the glass!"

Ukraine huffs and leaves.

I glance at the mermaids. They're staring at me and whispering.

Father yells "Ukraine, Russia, Estonia! We're going fishing!"

I run to the docks. Father says "Russia, I'm letting you take your own boat this time. Estonia and Ukraine are coming with me. I want to see how you do."

I nod. He shows me the boat I'll be using. It's my favorite boat.

I hop in, then get everything ready. Father goes in the bigger boat with my brother and sister.

I push away from the docks, and head for the fishing spot.

*+*Later*+*

I look over, and notice Father taking his boat home. He's fairly far now.

I look up and see a storm brewing. I pull up the anchor, then head home.

Father gets there safely, but I get caught in he storm.

A large wave crashes onto the boat, knocking me off. I fall into the water. Some debris falls into the water, floating on the waves. I swim over to some and hold on tightly.

I drift away from my boat, which hits something and sinks. There's so much rain that I can't see clearly.

I cling to the driftwood, waiting for the storm to end.

A large wave starts rising, and I'm right in the breaking area.

I take a deep breath just before the wave crashes down on me, plunging me under the water.

I try swimming up to the surface for air, but I'm thrown around by the turbulent waters.

I get close to the surface, but another wave crashes down above me, knocking me out.

*+*Later*+*

I wake up and start coughing. I look around. I'm on a deserted island. I cough up some water. I look at the ocean.